My Glucose Screening Test was yesterday. For those who don't know, this test checks for gestational diabetes and your iron level. You aren't really supposed to eat anything before being tested and if you do it should be really bland. So I had an English muffin for breakfast and then fasted until my appointment at 1. But don't worry I had my lunch in the form of orange Trutol, which is what you have to drink an hour before you are tested.
Now I have been hearing horror stories about the taste of this "orange stuff" for week now and for all of the recently pregnant/future pregnant women I will let you in on a little secret.... IT IS NOT THAT BAD! Just make sure you keep it refrigerated and you will be fine. No, I would not choose to drink this on a daily basis but I didn't have to gag it down as I had feared.
An hour after I drank the "orange stuff" I got your finger pricked and waited for the results. I BARELY PASSED! My sugar level was 137 - the doctors like it to be under 140 and my iron was 11.9, which they like it to be between 11 and 15. Yikes! So I just skated by, which is a big relief!
That's about it for pregnancy updates...still no progress on the names front (literally we don't have a single agreed upon name for our baby!) so if you have any suggestions feel free to share!!

No comments:
Post a Comment