Carter looks exactly like Matt. From the minute his was born people joked that there was no need for a paternity test - there was no denying it. It is also one of the first things people say about Carter after seeing him, "he looks just like his dad." So I know this to be true. And I usually reply that if I hadn't birthed him myself I wouldn't know that I had any part in creating him (isn't that cool to think about...Matt and I created another human being). Anyway, most days it doesn't bother me because Carter is so incredibly cute that I can hardly stand it :). But sometimes I get bummed because I can't recognize any of my features in him.
That all changed last Saturday. My mom, grandma, Joanna, Addison, Matt, Carter and I went shopping and stopped at the Black & Gold shop (fyi, very cute stuff but kinda pricey). I was pushing Carter around when I stopped and picked up a baby Herky stuffed animal that was completely adorable. So I showed it to him and he LOVED it! He stared at it, reached for it, belly laughed at it and was so cute with it that my grandma bought it for him. And he held it the entire way home.
And then it hit me. He LOVES Herky and the Hawkeyes! And you know what?! He got that from me! :)
Laugh if you will but it's all I got! :)
1 comment:
You forgot that he has your smile!
Post a Comment