Carter met Santa, for the first time, last night at the Fountains Christmas Party! He did really good and didn't cry. He did give him a couple looks like, "who the heck are you?!" All-in-all it was a great experience!
Carter & the Big Man!

When Grandma Jeannie invited us to the Fountains to meet Santa I thought it would be a low-key affair with a bunch of little kids lining up to see the Big Man. Boy, was I wrong! It was a huge party!! With hors d'oeuvre, candy, kids, live Christmas music, Santa and Mrs. Claus!! Carter even tried his first Candy Cane! Fun was had by all - and yes, Carter and Addison looked adorable in their Christmas attire :).
Carter with his candy cane!

Pretty Addison!
Carter Loves Uncle Ryan!
Now for a confession...Matt and I do not have any gifts for Carter yet!! Okay, we do have one gift but my mom picked it up for us so we haven't really done any shopping for him! And! I am in complete denial that Christmas is like next week. Yikes, I just don't know what happened. Well, actually I do know what happened. We celebrated Christmas with Mark and Grete over Thanksgiving (but you already knew that, right? :) ) and I was so excited to get most of my Christmas shopping done early. Secret Santas - check! Mom and Dad - check! Addison - check!
So, I thought I could rest on my early shopping laurels. Evidently I have rested for far too long. Now with Christmas exactly one week away I have nothing for my son and it is his First Christmas. I feel like such a bad mom! I am so excited to celebrate his first Christmas but when it comes to shopping I have been all, "meh, I'll get around to it." What?! I don't know what my problem is...
Anyway, TONIGHT Matt and I are making a trip to Toys R Us for some hardcore albeit very late Christmas shopping. We also have to buy a baby gate because we now have a wild n' crazy crawling baby - more on that in another post!
Oh, and don't ask me if I have even thought about a Christmas gift for my wonderful husband or I think my head will explode!
So, I thought I could rest on my early shopping laurels. Evidently I have rested for far too long. Now with Christmas exactly one week away I have nothing for my son and it is his First Christmas. I feel like such a bad mom! I am so excited to celebrate his first Christmas but when it comes to shopping I have been all, "meh, I'll get around to it." What?! I don't know what my problem is...
Anyway, TONIGHT Matt and I are making a trip to Toys R Us for some hardcore albeit very late Christmas shopping. We also have to buy a baby gate because we now have a wild n' crazy crawling baby - more on that in another post!
Oh, and don't ask me if I have even thought about a Christmas gift for my wonderful husband or I think my head will explode!
"Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, Right down Santa Claus Lane..."
No comments:
Post a Comment