Tuesday, January 26, 2010

9 Month Stats!!

Carter had his 9 month well visit this morning. His appointment was at nine o'clock so I just stayed home with him until then. It was really nice!! I let him "sleep in" - we usually have to wake him up to get ready for Grandma's house. We also had breakfast together!! I loved having a relaxing morning with him instead of rushing around to get out the door :).

After breakfast and some play time we hit the road. Matt met us there and after filling out a survey of Carter's communication, gross motor and fine motor skills we were called back. Carter looks great!! A healthy 9 month old who is on par with all of his milestones. The doctor recommended weaning Carter off formula and onto whole milk a couple weeks before his first birthday and introducing more table foods. I can't believe in a couple of months we will no longer have to buy formula!!!

Carter did have to have the second half of his flu shot but nothing else! He is getting to be such a big boy and we have been very blessed to have such a healthy, happy guy!!

9 Month Stats:


  • Weight: 19 pounds 4 ounces - 30th percentile
  • Height: 27 1/4 inches - 20th percentile
  • Head Circumference: 45.4 centimeters - 50th percentile
I really thought Carter would be over 20 pounds but during our last visit the nurse told me that moms usually overestimate the weight of their babies since they are, usually, doing most of the baby lifting :). The Doctor also mentioned that it isn't unusual to not see a big weight gain between 6 and 9 months because babies are so much more active and are burning more calories.
Other Carter Updates!

He has learned to "dance." Sometimes he dances by moving from side-to-side and sometimes it looks more like humping :). But since my baby is far too sweet to do any naughty male business I am going to call it dancing - okay?! :)

Carter has also started waving :). He usually does it when he sees someone for the first time in awhile - like waving at Matt in the morning after waking up. Or when he is on the floor playing by himself, like "hey, I am over here playing!" But does he wave goodbye to his mom when she leaves for work? Um, no! Little Stinker just looks at me like, "yeah, bye mom I need to eat breakast. See ya later." Leaving him in the morning is defintely harder on me than it is on him :).

Sunday, Carter Man clapped for the first time!!! We have been practicing clapping with Carter since it is similar to the sign for "more." He was having a hard time unclasping his hands but while everyone was over at my folks for Miss Molly Wachal's (Joanna's dog) 1st birthday party - he did it!! He was just sitting on Auntie Jo's lap and I said "clap Carter" while showing him how and he simply repeated my motions like he had done it a million times before :). Now he is a clapping pro - yeah for Carter!

"Children reinvent your world for you."- Susan Sarandon

No comments: