We went over to Katie and Ryan's for their Orange Bowl party complete with a ton of food, oranges for decorations, and the playing of the fight song every time the Hawks scored! Needless to say fun was had by all and Carter had his first "date" with Katie's colleague's daughter Chloe. She is a month younger than Carter and a complete cutie. They had a nice picnic next to Addison's kitchen and everything was going well until Carter tried crawling over Chloe to pull up onto the kitchen set, which sent her into tears - oops! From what I could tell he was quite the gentlemen :).
I really wish I had pictures of the party but I left my camera in the car and could not motivate myself to go back out into the freezing cold to retrieve it - boo! Carter was decked out in his Hawkeye gear and looked totally adorable but you will all have to take my word for it :). By the end of the night everyone was very excited but also very tired as it past every one's bedtime! But the Hawks win was well worth it. Can't wait for next year - Go Hawks!
On a different note, I want to send out a big CONGRATULATIONS to our friends Krista and Dylan who welcomed daughter, Reese Anne Donnelly, into the world January 6th. She weighed in at 7 pounds 8 ounces and was 20 inches long. Congrats Donnelly Family!!
"The word is "Fight! Fight! Fight! for IOWA,Let every loyal Iowan sing;The word is "Fight! Fight! Fight! for IOWA," Until the walls and rafters ring (Go Hawks!) Come on and cheer, cheer, cheer, for IOWA Come on and cheer until you hear the final gun. The word is "Fight! Fight! Fight! for IOWA," Until the game is won."
No comments:
Post a Comment