Not only does Matt put Carter and me before himself he is also really thoughtful! When we first started dating, Matt would drop flowers off at my doorstep almost on a daily basis (he may or may not have stolen said flowers but romantic nonetheless). Then it became other things, ice cream and, his piece de resistance, the gummy bears. The man dug through 3 pounds of gummy bears pulling out only the red and white ones, which were my favorite! I know! He is amazing. So I always joke with him that he reeled me in with all his romantic gestures and then once I was hooked he stopped!! :) With the flowers at least...
But after being together for almost a decade ::gasp:: I really began to appreciate the thought behind his gestures and consider them to be very romantic. Like laundry! And yard work! Maybe not "first falling in love" movie romantic but a romance maturity, many years together and marriage can appreciate. Just last night Matt did the sweetest thing!
We decided on soup for dinner but randomly said, "I really wish we had bread bowls to go with it." A few minutes later, Matt left to fill my car up with gas. I thought he was taking a long time but upon his return he said that the gas station was really busy. I believed him and continued feeding Carter and putting him to sleep. Matt announced the soup was ready and to "serve it up." I was reaching for the bowls when Matt said, "Why don't you use these?" And he pulled out two bread bowls from Panera!! I was so shocked and very excited - it was exactly what I wanted and made the perfect addition to the meal!
So, I want to take the time to very publicly thank my husband for all he does for me! Even when, especially when, I am not being a good wife/companion/friend/person. Matt, you really are my everything and I cannot imagine my life without you!! You are an amazing father and husband and I definitely don't tell you that enough! I love you!
Sorry for all the sappy stuff - I will continue with regularly scheduled Carter updates and stories next post. Until then...
"The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It's a choice you make, not just on your wedding day, but over and over again. And that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife."
- Barbara De Angelis
"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person who you cannot live without." -Anonymous

No comments:
Post a Comment