I need to preface this story by saying that Carter has to be held to fall asleep. This is something I swore I would never do. I read all the books that said to put babies down in bed when they were sleepy but still awake. So yeah, that is a lot easier said than done. He would just cry and cry and it just became easier to hold him to calm him dwn and he would eventually fall asleep. So yes this is a bad habit, again one I swore I would never do. But I have found, that as a mother, you do things that work for you and save your sanity. Whew! Now that I have that off my chest on to the story.
So Carter was hanging out in his pjs, he had already had his bottle and was just playing before bed. Playing with his trucks and his mirror when all of the sudden he just stopped and starting crawling towards me! It was like he knew he was tired and ready for bed so he crawled over for me to put him to sleep. And he fell asleep in a matter of seconds with absolutely no fussing! So adorable!
In other news, my friend Megan is in town from DC beginning her wedding planning. A group of us, Megan, her fiance Ryan, Seth, Theresa, Julie, Mike, Matt, Carter and I, went out to Granite City Thursday night. It was wonderful to catch up with everyone and check out Megan's rock :). Carter was a really good boy and sat quietly at the end of the table for most of the night. We had a lot of fun and wish we could do it more often.
"If friends were flowers, I'd pick you." - Unkown
No comments:
Post a Comment