Sunday, March 21, 2010

Good Times!

It's been awhile!! I apologize for the lack of updates but I have been going through some work issues and haven't been motivated to jump on the computer in the evening ;). So, what's been going on?! Not too much. We are just planning Carter's 1st birthday party and hanging out.

We had a good Saint Patrick's Day but didn't go to the parade. It was chilly and rainy in the morning and I didn't feel like standing out in the rain for a parade...again. But Saturday night we went out to dinner and Carter had some green milk - very festive!


Enjoying some green milk!

Yesterday Carter had a playdate with Emily, Ava and Liam while I had a playdate with Theresa, Brooke, Julie and Danika! And I am VERY sorry to say that I don't have any pictures to share. But I was very excited to purchase my friend Danika's debut CD! I am so excited for her and really  love her CD. Check her out at http://www.danikaholmes.com/.

Saturday night, we (me, Matt, Katie, Ryan, Cory and Jo) went to Old Chicago to watch the UNI game while Grandma Judy watched the babies. How 'bout them Panthers!!! It was such an exciting game to watch. My bracket it totally screwed (I had Kansas winning it all) but I don't even care! First time in the Sweet Sixteen - way to go UNI! After the game we were all pumped and decided to go bowling. We had a good time and Joanna won both games - brat!

Today we went to church, relaxed, went to the mall, relaxed, and had pasta night at DCC - yum! Carter looked adorable all dressed up. Don't believe me? Check him out - such a big boy!


As far as Carter updates go - he is still working on the walking thing. He stands on his own more frequently, we started him on whole milk (no more formula!), he loves toast, and he got his first pair of walking shoes ( "I bet he could walk all day in shoes like that and not feel a thang" - name that movie!). He also started doing this fake laugh thing.  It is really funny - he will just look at you and go "ha ha" with his goofy grin. I will have to get video of it because it is really cute :).

“Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.” - Unkown

No comments: