Sunday, February 27, 2011

So maybe it is time....

for Carter to sleep in a toddler bed ::tears::.

So I little sidebar to the story I am about to tell. My mom always knows when Carter is up from his nap because the light in his room is always on. He can reach the light switch by standing in his crib.

I always know when Carter is up from his nap or in the morning because he whimpers or cries (or in the morning I have to go in and wake him up). We have been pretty lucky that Carter likes to sleep in. And by sleeping in I mean between 7:30 or 8:30 and now that I am a parent that definitely counts as sleeping in :). So this morning I woke up to Hayden whining, which means that is probably past 7:30. I decided to go and get Carter up so that his schedule isn't too far off. I walk up to his door and I see the light on!!!

What?!

I knew that Matt wasn't up and that the only light that Carter could turn on was across the room! I opened the door and Carter was behind it with all of his loveys and his Hawkeye blankie. He hadn't made any noise and I didn't hear him fall or cry. So I asked him if he climbed out of his crib and he said, "no." Clearly a lie :).

I couldn't believe it! My baby climbed out of his crib - something he only tried once before when he was around a year old. People had been asking me when I would transition him to a toddler bed and I always said that I wanted to keep him in a crib as long as possible :). He has been so good about going down to bed (knock on wood) and haven't wanted to disturb our little routine. And, truth be told, I liked that Carter couldn't get out of his bed. But if the climbing out of bed continues, Matt will be reading up on how to turn his crib into a toddler bed...

Wish us luck :)

"Things do not change; we change." ~Henry David Thoreau



No comments: