Saturday, July 2, 2011

Carter Man!

Once again, it's time for a monthly Carter Man update! Summer is flying bye and we are loving every minute of being outside, staying up late and going to the pool!

Other Carter Man notables:
  • He is now Green-eyed boy! At least I think he is....definitely not too blue but maybe hazel? I know that his eyes look REALLY green when he wears a green shirt. Someone in Target even commented on his green eyes - I took it better than I thought :)
  • Answers all questions with "I don't know." Even when he DOES know - so I always ask him twice and he usually answers with the correct answer with the second request
  • His new thing is he wants to do things "by myself!" - Mr. Independent
  • Won't leave Hayden alone and isn't always so gentle - he loves her so much - we are working on being nice
  • Talking possession over everything - "MY, Pig," "MY mommy," "MY chair" so on and so forth. Not in a mean way just using it as a descriptor.
  • Still lets Addson push his buttons and it usually ends in tears - we are working on it
  • Still obsessed with Cars and looking foward to seeing Cars 2 (first movie in the theaters!)
  • Very much a mama's boy
  • He is finally in a Toddler bed! He can't open his door in the morning (it sticks) so he knocks on the door when he wants out
  • He calls Matt's dad Papa Dave and my mom Grandma two Ts
  • Jumped off the diving board - by himself! (into my mom's arms but you know what I mean)
  • Wild and crazy but can be very cautious - will no longer go down the slide at the park
  • He gallops instead of runs
  • Sings "Mack's song" aka Life is a Highway (from Cars, of course!)
  • Ends most sentences with 'either.' Especially when mad or upset. "I don't like ::fill in the blank::  either.
  • Will run into the other room (or the stairs at Grandma's house) and throw himself down and cry when he is mad - dramatic much?
  • He got his first 'big boy' haircut i.e. really short! He looks so cute but so old :(
The other night we were all cuddling in our bed when Carter said, "I am going to see Hayden. Be right back." and then he hopped off the bed to the family room where Hayden was sleeping on the couch. Matt and I just looked at each other like. "what did he just say"

Other Funny Carter statements:
"Where did my spider go? He disappeared. He will be back again someday." - refering to the spider that used to leave in the web outside our bay window. He has since relocated. :)

Carter wanted to wear big boy undies the other day...
Me: Carter, who do you need to tell if you have to tinkle?
Carter: Grandma.
Me: Who else could you tell?
Carter: Molly Wachal!
*fyi, Molly Wachal is my sister's dog :)

He stood on his tip toes the other day and said, "Look, I'm bigger!" :)

"A child can ask questions that a wise man cannot answer." ~Author Unknown



No comments: