Thursday, January 19, 2012

Carter Update!

It is the start of a new year (already?!) so I thought it would be good to update everything that is my Carter Man. He is still crazy and will run and run and run - I wish I had his energy. He loved Christmas and is sad that it is over. He says multiple times a day, "Christmas is over" and even told my mom that she needed to take her outside decorations down.  He still sings I Want a Hippopatumus for Christmas daily so I think we need a new favorite song :).
  • We signed him up for preschool in the fall. Preschool people!
  • Started giving real hugs! He was never much for affection - Addison has always given the best, tight hugs but now Carter is giving her a run for her money!
  • He has quite the imagination and reenacts his favorite movie/show scenes with his toys. The other night he found his Cars backpack and had me put it on and 'pretended' to go to school (i.e. his room). He would come back to me and I would ask him about his day. He would tell me he played with Calliou and Rosie and what he had for lunch. Then we put his backpack back on and he went back to school - rinse and repeat.
  • Calliou is one of his favorite shows and the only show my mom lets the kids watch during the day. Carter and Addison watch it during lunch time and reenact the episode for the rest of the afternoon. It is too funny!
  • I downloaded a few educational apps on Matt's IPad and Carter is obsessed with the 'Monkey' games.....we set a timer for him but I usually watch him and I am amazed at some of the things he knows
  • He can go to the bathroom by himself. Sometimes he doesn't even tell us he needs to go until we hear a toilet flush and see a naked man running out of the bathroom - we will have to work on this before preschool :)
  • He and Addison still put on her princess heels and 'go to Target.' It is too funny and Carter walks really well in them....Matt hates it.
  • He is getting really wild. Jumping off furniture and running around like crazy...oh my! And this has happened even with the nice winter weather
  • He loves taking bubble baths! Last night he said, 'it's really bubbly in here'
  • He loves painting with water colors and playing play-doh (or doh doh as the kids call it)
  • He doesn't always love cleaning up but when he does everything has to be in order! I had a Cars car in the construction tub and Carter said, 'Cars don't belong in construction' and he had to move it.
  • He helped Matt move some of his toys into his new big boy room closet and was so proud of himself! He has showed it to me many times and the other night our friend Mexi came over and that was one of the first things Carter showed him....he also went around the house and said, 'we have a bathroom, we have a TV, we have a garbage...' Etc and so on - it was like Cribs :)
  • He has primary color bathroom 'paints' at Grandma's house. He now knows that blue and yellow make green, blue and red make purple, and yellow and red made orange :)
  • He is now sleeping in his big boy room!! Transition has been good (knock.on.wood), the only issue so far is that he can now open the door! Note this is an issue for mom and dad not Carter :)

Carter Man quotes:

"Looking good mom!"

Matt was holding him at church and Carter put his hands on Matt's face, which was pretty hairy. Carter said that his face was 'fuzzy.' Matt handed him over to me and he did the same thing to my face when I asked him if my face was hairy. And then he said, "it's a little bit hairy" I guess I shouldn't ask him questions I don't want to know the answer to!

My mom started watching all 3 kids at the beginning of January (she IS a saint!) and mentioned to Addison how much she liked the reindeer on her shirt. Carter looked down at his shirt and said, "Mines got words"

I accidently bumped Carter's head when I was getting him into his carseat one morning and he won't let me forget it!! Most mornings and evenings I put him in the carseat and he says, 'you didn't bump my head' in his good job voice

"How was your work day mom." {adorable}

Crosses arms with his scowl face and says, 'I'm angry'. - usually it is just for play but sometimes he is serious.

Says 'can't' instead of don't - 'I can't know this song' :)

Ends most statements with 'okay?' Examples: 'Don't follow me. Okay?' 'Hayden, don't step on my blanket. Okay?' Mommy, stop kissing me. Okay?'

When he doesn't like something I ask him to do his says, 'that's not a deal!'

He knows and remembers some of the strangest words. My mom has some plastic pirate coins at her house and the other day I asked Carter what they were...Now, I was expecting him to answer with coins, treasure or money but instead he looked me straight in the eye and said, 'it's a gold doubloon' Say what?! I had to ask my mom what that was so I know I didn't teach him that word :)





"Having a two-year-old is like having a blender that you don't have the top for." ~Jerry Seinfeld


No comments: