Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Baby Update!

Poor, poor new baby...I haven't written anything about this pregnancy thus far. And I didn't even start taking belly photos until week 17! We have just been so busy with the holiday and everything else I haven't had the time to sit down and document, which I kinda liked being 'unplugged' over break but hate that I haven't at least written something I can go back and read.

So here it is...I am 21 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Yikes half-way there already. I will be having my ultrasound tomorrow and if baby cooperates won't be finding out the gender. I am been feeling good. Energy is back up and belly is definitely out. I cannot believe how much sooner I showed this time around just check out the belly pics below!

Thankfully, I have been sleeping good and for the most part I am still in my regular clothes. Jeans still fit but work pants definitely need the assistance of a bella band :). I do have couple pair of work maternity pants that I am wearing but they have elastic side pulls instead of the big panel so I don't hate them as much.  Before I got pregnant this time I always said that I would go and buy a few nice maternity outfits but now that I am pregnant my cheap self has reared its ugly head and I just can't justify spending money on clothes I won't be wearing again for a while. We will see what happens when things really start to not fit.

I feel the baby kick with some regularity and I love it! I forgot how much fun that feeling is especially when the baby is smaller and not so cramped. With Carter, I don't even think I was feeling him at this point and even through my last pregnancy didn't feel him a lot (you may or may not remember that my placenta was over him, which blocked a lot of his movement). It was actually really stressful when I had to start doing kick counts with him. There were times when I would just have to hold on to my belly to feel his kick on the outside. So yeah, lots of wonderful kicks and I love the reassurance baby is giving me.

Other than that I don't know if there is that much to report. Physically I am feeling great and mentally I am getting there....I just cannot wrap my brain around having 2 kids yet. And I know most moms feel this way with their 2nd but I just can't wrap my brain around loving someone else as much as I love Carter. Carter still loves to cuddle at night before bed and while this was something I said I would never do before I became a mom because 'kids need a bed time routine and should be able put themselves to sleep' I lay in bed with him and cuddle. And I love it. Because I know that this too shall past and there will be a day where he doesn't want to cuddle with me and won't think of me as the greatest person on earth. So we cuddle.

Anyway, the other night we were cuddling and Carter whispered to me, "I missed you today mom."  And I lost it. I just cried and cried because it finally hit me that things will be different....and I wondered if I would cuddle like this with the new baby. Just me and him/her. By the way, Carter thinks the new baby will cuddle with Daddy. :) So I know things will be different and probably difficult at times but I also know that this baby will add a tremendous amount of joy and laughter to our house. So I am extremely excited about that. :)

Didn't mean to turn so sappy but that's kinda how I have been lately....all over the place. Without further do belly pics (BTW, I am doing something different this time around and decided to wear the same outfit in the pictures to truly show the expanding bump):



"A mother's heart is a patchwork of love." ~Author Unknown




No comments: