Monday, January 16, 2012

Stubborn Baby!

On Friday January 6th, I had my 20 week ultrasound. Everything looked good and the heart rate was 162 beats per minute. Baby was measuring right on track at almost 21 weeks and weighing in at a pound. I got a couple of good profile shots but that is about it. Baby was so tightly curled in a ball that the ultrasonographer couldn't get all of the measurements she needed so we will have to go back in 4 weeks for another one! We tried everything to get the baby to move positions but he/she.would.not.budge. Mostly we saw a lot of the baby's spine and although it was a beautiful spine I was a little disappointed we didn't get to see more of the baby.

I am sure we will get a better view in 4 weeks when we go back and the baby is that much bigger. It will be quite the appointment as I will also be having my glucose test - already!

Other than that I feel pretty good and definitely getting huge :). This pregnancy has been almost identical to Carter's - another boy perhaps? I haven't had any sciatic nerve pain but the sharp pain on the right side of my back has returned...Luckily, I am getting a massage this weekend!! Hmmm...I don't know if there is anything else. I am in more maternity clothes and I think I have gained 10-12 pounds(?). This may be more or less than with Carter I really don't know - I know the total amount with Carter but I didn't keep track each month. :) I try to eat right and I continue to exercise. The number itself really isn't important as long as baby is healthy :).

So I have rambled long enough...New Baby Hatz is below!


"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~Elizabeth Stone




No comments: