Thankfully, my pregnancy has been pretty boring. I'm getting bigger and definitely in maternity clothes these days...I am happy to report that I did finally purchase some really cute maternity clothes from Gap and then once I started I couldn't stop :). Next Monday, I have my glucose test, monthly check up and another ultrasound to get baby's measurements. It will be a busy morning and I am really excited to see how much baby has grown! And hopefully get some more cute ultrasound pictures :).
Other than that I feel like we really haven't prepped anything for this baby. We may be in denial :). We are invited to a wedding in June and Matt was all, 'let's leave Carter with my folks so we can go up and have a great time just the two of us' Pause as I gave him a look....'oh crap! I forgot we'll have an infant.'
To be fair, we don't really need much since most of Carter's things were gender neutral but there are a few things I would like to pick up. I still would like to get a new diaper bag. Matt has already warned me not to obsess about the price and just buy a bag! But! Have you checked out the prices on some diaper bags?? Holy expensive - I just can't imagine spending that much money on something that we be holding dirty clothes and diapers. I am also debating getting a double jogging stroller since it will (hopefully) be nice out when new baby arrives. Carter really enjoys taking long walks and it is something we really enjoy doing as a family. But then I don't know if we will be so busy swimming this summer if we will have time for walks so I'm torn.
The other big thing we need to do is the nursery. We (read: Matt) has been busy working on Carter's new big boy room! It is so very cute and I love it. I promise to take pictures soon but we still have some finishing touches to complete. I am happy to report that Carter loves it and has to show everyone his new closet upon them entering our house. Actually, my mom got the tour twice :). So the nursery looks a little plain but I still have some of Carter's things in there. I know that will make me a little sad - putting the crib back up and taking down Carter's baby pictures and his name. But soon we will have another little one to customize it for so I'm sure it will fill up in no time.
You may have noticed that I added a pregnancy ticker! I did this because on any given day I have no idea how far along I am, which is completely different from my first pregnancy when I could tell you the week, day and hour of how pregnant I was. And just in case you didn't notice, by the end of this week I will have less than 100 days left - I know! Everyone says that the second pregnancy seems to last so much longer because you know what to expect and just want the baby out but I have to say that has not been the case for me. In less than a month I will be in my third trimester!
I also added a birthday ticker for Carter Man since it will serve as a great reminder that I need to start planning his third birthday party. As in three years! How did my baby get so big?!
"A moment in my tummy... a lifetime in my heart." - Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment