Friday, July 20, 2012

Carter Man!

Oh Carter! Our first born we love you so much. You always keep us on our toes and the things that come out of your mouth keep us laughing all day long. You are so sweet but can be quite the stinker! You are still really sensitive and we are working on not crying over everything. Other things you have been up to:


You ran in the Moonlight Chase and did really good! Daddy ran with you and told me that you ran the entire 1/4 mile

You talk to Mr. Pig all the time now. The other night you were laying in bed for the night when I heard you talking and asked you who you were talking to and you said, "Mr. Pig. I was telling him he couldn't go in the back with an adult."

We have updated the sticker chart and now it is an I Pad privilege chart. You get a sticker for good behavior, eating and nap. Each sticker gets you 2 minutes on the IPad

You are a swimming fool. You don't like swimming with your wings on anymore and prefer to swim underwater by yourself! You can dive for things and like to swim underneath the noodle

You can be a little OCD. We asked you to clean your room the other day and you did such a good job and were so proud of yourself! You also helped Grandma organize the Tea Party room. And after Addison got bored and started playing you told her, "No Addison! We are organizing not playing!"

You can be a little 'know it all' and can't understand why other kids don't play with things the way you do...we are working on it :)

You call Sweet Tarts 'sweethearts'

Everything is 'weird'

You are becoming a daddy's boy and cried the other day when he had to go to work because you didn't want to stay home with the girls because 'we don't have the same parts!' Girls vs. boys is a big thing for you right now

You love your little sister and get protective over her when Addison gives her kisses. I have to remind you that other people can love on her too. But I do ask you if you were happy at first when you had a sister and you always say, "I was a little sad because I wanted a baby brother named Max."

You always wake up and say the same thing, "Can you get me choco milk and my show?" ~ you have been doing this for awhile but I don't think I have ever mentioned it.

You are adjusting really well to being a big brother but have lost it over a couple things. The other night you cried because you didn't want me to feed Isla but play with you instead and you noticed that we finally took your name down in the nursery (yes, my daughter had the name Carter over her crib for almost 3 months) and cried your eyes out! It really hurt your feelings that we took your name down even though we explained that we put your name in your big boy room and this room needed Isla's name. I felt so bad for you but I didn't realize you still felt some 'ownership' of that room.

You are excited that Uncle Mark and Aunt Grete are having a baby girl and think they should name her Sarah.



Other Carter Funnies:

He was sitting on my lap the other day and said to me, "Why are your legs spikey?" I hadn't shaved for like one day!

He always greets Isla by saying, 'hi beautiful!" So sweet!

He always tells Isla when she grows up she can sleep in his bed with him so the other day I laid her in his bed with him and he kept saying, 'don't puke Isla. Don't puke!"

He has Cars monster trucks Frightening McMean, Monster Truck Mater and Dr. Feel Bad. He was naming the trucks to me the other day and referred to the one as Dr. Omar (his pediatrician)

Carter was walking on our retaining wall and one of the stones fell on his foot. He limped around the whole night and was being really careful not to get blood on anything (he had stopped bleeding).The next morning I asked him how his foot was and he said, "it feels better. It fired overnight." I was so confused and asked him what that meant and he explained that on Calliou when he accidently broke his mother's coffee mug he made her a new one with his grandma and it fired overnight before it was 'all better' and ready to give it to his mom. It is funny to see how his brain works

You were crying the other night after you had gone to bed so I went in and asked what was the matter. You said, "I had a bad dream." I asked you what it was about and you said, "Gus stole Mr. Pig." And then you fell back asleep. You and that pig!

One morning you came into my bed to wake me up and asked for some 'choco milk.' I was exhausted so I told you in a couple of minutes and you replied, 'But Mom! I need to hydrate...with choco milk.'

The other day he came into the bedroom when I was pumping and our conversation was as follows:

Carter: "Are you pumping?"

Me: "Yes"

Carter: "Milk is squirting out"

Me: "Yep"

Carter: "How does it do that?"

Me: "I don't know buddy"

Carter: "Maybe your nipple is like a squirt gun!"

I love you so much Carter Man! And I miss getting to hang out with my 'lovey' all day. I tease Carter that he is my lovey and he thinks it is so funny! 'But I not a stuffed animal!' :)

"The spirit is there in every boy; it has to be discovered and brought to light." ~Robert Baden-Powell

No comments: