Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Weeks 9 and 10!

Isla is 10 weeks old! That also means I only have 2 weeks left of maternity leave - boo!! Although leave has gone by fast it hasn't been crazy fast so that is good however, I am starting to get the 'back to work' blues and the work dreams have started :(. But this isn't about me it is about my precious Isla. She continues to grow everyday and her new 'big' thing has been smiling!! Back at her 8 week appointment the nurse asked if Isla was giving social smiles. I answered yes before really thinking about because, of course, my child is perfect ;). Anyway, after the appointment I really started thinking about Isla and her smiles. She gave them occassionally but I didn't know how 'social' they were. So then I started to worry and then I looked back at Carter's 8 week post and he was socially smiling and a lot. Then I got even more nervous. But wouldn't you know, several days after her 8 week appointment she started to socially smile and A LOT. I even caught some on camera! And I can I tell you it is just the biggest, sweetest smile! Love her!



Other news the past couple of weeks...Isla started 'talking' a little bit, which I love because her personality comes through. Isla got to meet her Auntie Lisa for the first time!! And Lisa can sure get little miss to snooze :). Isla is working on rolling from back to belly. She gets to her side but isn't quite strong enough yet to kick all the way over. She has long feet! My mom always measures babies' feet using her index finger. Isla's foot is already longer than her index finger! Her eyelashes are getting longer but have remained a lighter color. She has her first major blow out - definitely gross but a milestone nonetheless - ha! She is still little but is getting chubby :). She celebrated her first 4th of July!! She fell asleep during the fireworks.




We just love her so much!!
 
 
"You are what happened when I wished upon a star..." ~ Unknown

No comments: