Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bug Day!

Carter's preschool class has been learning all about bugs this month! They had crickets in the classroom for awhile and even looked under a magnifying glass at a {dead} bee! Thursday was bug day and the kids were supposed to bring in a bug for show and tell. It could be any type of bug - dead, alive or even just a picture. We had been thinking all week about what type of bug Carter should take. Cut to this scene Tuesday night:

It was later in the evening and I was nursing Isla before bed in her room when all of the sudden I heard Matt say, "turn on the light quick!" he did and proclaimed, " look! I am the best dad ever!" You see Matt saw a big moth on our front screen door, ran, outside and caught it for Carter! Isn't that amazing! Carter was so excited about his moth and it lived in tupperware on our counter until it was bug day. I felt a little bad for the moth being stuck in that container....he didn't move for awhile and I thought for sure he was dead. Carter said, "maybe his mama told him to take a nap." The moth did make it to bug day but not much longer :/. Thanks dad for catching our bug!

Carter with his moth

bug day



"The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!"
~Author Unknown






No comments: