- You love playing hide n' seek with daddy! You are getting better especially at seeking. But you still pop out of your hiding spot laughing or by saying "here I am!"
- You have been getting up in the middle of the night to use the restroom but then sneak into mommy and daddy's room :)
- You are working on your right and left ~ you get it correct about half the time ;)
- You are really into counting these days. You have always been good with numbers and can count one-to-one but only when I prompted you to. Now you says 'let's count' and does it yourself.
- You brought your first piece of artwork home from preschool
- You don't always get a nap even though you still need one...the bad part is that you should only really sleep for an hour but when you nap, you naps for at least 2 hours! Then it is a battle for you to get to bed at a decent hour...it was 10 pm the other night!
- On the days you don't nap you do go to bed really early (like 7) but dinner is usually a mess because you are so tired. The other night we talked about walking to the park if he ate a good dinner. Carter wanted to drive there but dad fibbed and said that the van was out of gas and he would push it to the gas station in the morning. Carter got so concerned and with tears in his eyes looked at Matt and said, "You can't push the van in the street! You could get hit like Penny's mom!" It was the saddest/cutest thing! (FYI Penny is my mom's cat whose mother did get hit and killed by a car).
- You are such a good brother and always looks out for Isla. Although the other day he was jumping up and down throwing a tantrum and nearly jumped right on her head! Anyway, he is really good with her and tells her that when she grows up they will play together. He also explains all of his construction equipment to her. When he went to Sam's with my mom and Grete, my mom was picking out cute outfits for Baby T and Carter said, "what about Isla?" So they got her a cute outfit too :)
- You have been interrupting us lately, which I don't like so I told him he needs to ask to speak if mommy and daddy are talking. Now you say, "Mom, can I talk to ya?!"
- You seem to be getting better about eating. The funny thing?! You generally do better if no one is paying attention to him. The second we try to encourage eating you just don't eat.
- You are really into colors right now. The colors of the rainbow (ROY G. BIV) and what colors make other colors. You know what the primary colors make but then ask things like, "what do gray and black make?"
- You like to pretend you are a baby ~ not in an obnoxious way you just like me to baby you. You will say, "I'll pretend to be a baby and you pretend to be the momma."
- You have your first girl crush! It is so very cute! You love Gavin's older sister Mia and she is just so sweet and plays so nicely with you and Gavin. I knew you had it bad when we had the following conversation:
Carter: 'Mia gave me a big hug!'
Carter Quotes:
"When I grow up I will be a fireman and drive a big red fire truck with a fire dog named Ruffy! You can count on me to protect ya!"
"When Isla grows up. She can be a fire woman and drive an ambubance (ambulance)."
Me: Carter can you tell me who else is in your preschool class?
Carter: Jesus!
Don't know why but this had us both laughing hysterically!
Carter: "That's a sad sound."
My mom: "What sound?"
Carter: "The straw when my milk is all gone."
Carter told me the following story:
"Mr. Pig ran away from me. Then I went to the lifeguard and said I can't find my kid. Then I saw Mr. Pig come down the green slide. I was so worried about him. But then I was glad to see him."
Hmm...sounds familiar!
Carter you are such a joy! We love watching you grow!
At the Park!
Drivin' Papa's New Car!
Hopscotch!
First Day of Preschool!
Pure Craziness
"Childhood is the most beautiful of all life's seasons." ~Author Unknown






No comments:
Post a Comment