- You finally learned how to pedal your big wheel! You could do it before but never fast enough for your liking so you would give up. Now you can pedal the whole way on our short walks!
- We are working on your crying. That is your default mechanism to deal with frustration so we are trying to teach you to calm down, take a breath and use your words :)
- Ever since you got back from Farmer Gene's pumpkin patch you have been talking about your farm. You have ten dogs and twelve cats at your farm. Horses, cows, goats and a piglet (of course!). He buys his equipment from Fox ~ Matt is sad about this. And he has a paci for Isla, makes dog food for Hayden and grows flowers for me...all at his farm! We hear about his farm A LOT :)
- You love your little sister and like to talk and sing to her. The other morning I came out into the family room and you looked at me and said, "where's missy boo boo?" (missy boo boo is nickname for Isla that I made up...don't know where is came from exactly just comes out of my mouth)
- You also love when I ask Isla where her brother is...if I haven't done it in awhile you will say to me, "say to Isla, where is brother." So she looks at you and you try to make her laugh
- You love to play with Gus but can definitely be rough with him, which is hilarious to me because you hate when people play rough with you. Luckily Gus is a tough guy and usually takes it. But you better watch it because he may be bigger than you someday ;)
- You have been wanting to work on your 'art' lately. Gavin gave you a Cars coloring set last year for Christmas and you love to get it out and do 'art'
- You have pretty much given up your nap :( but still need it some days and can be very crabby in the evenings
- You don't need to wear pull ups at night although you prefer to. The other night you fell asleep early so I left you in your undies overnight. I mentioned to you in the morning that you were in your {dry} undies and you freaked.out! So I praised you for being such a big boy with dry undies in the morning and let you have a tootsie roll for breakfast as a treat. Then you thought it was pretty cool :)
- Mr. Pig has a birthday almost every day. So far, he has been 9, 10, 1, 3, 4 and 66.
- You like to go to John Deere Valley (i.e. the John Deere Pavillon) with Papa Dave
- You can count backwards from 10
"Don't tell me that Addison!" ~ Addison was telling him that his favorite part of the Beluga whale short was on (Carter man was crabby that day!)
"Might I go outside?"
"Dad! It's daylight! I want my milk and my show!" ~ this is in response to him getting up extremely early in the morning (5) and wanting to start his day. We told him he can't get up until the sun is up :)
"Isla come into my room"
The other day I was in the bathroom getting ready for work when Carter said, "mom I got a surprise for ya!" Then he proceeded to lift up the toilet lid and say "Surprise!" I looked in to find a little Carter poop. Boys are gross :)
"Just wait...it will turn green eventually." ~ in response to me complaining how long the 18th street light was taking
"Don't tell Santa I did that..." - we have been talking about Santa and Carter's Christmas list recently. It started after Carter said he wanted everything in the Farm & Fleet toyland catalog. Then we had a discussion about being naughty vs. nice :)
Carter: "Mom, do you like flowers?"
Me: "Yes, Carter I do!"
Carter: "I grow flowers for you...at my farm!"
Twins!
Cool Dude!
"Son, you outgrew my lap, but never my heart." ~Author Unknown




No comments:
Post a Comment