- You are so loud! You definitely give Gus a run for his money and I thought he was the loudest baby ever. In some ways, your squeal is worse because it is so high and ear piercing! Girl, we hear you tone it down :)
- You are a paci girl! After having a child that couldn't keep one in his mouth it is strange to see you holding one all by yourself but it is nice to have when you are getting upset. Hopefully weaning you from it will be as easy as with Carter (time will tell)
- Your hair is thinning out and your beloved mowhawk is getting shorter and shorter. Sad news!
- You have the biggest smile and are such a happy girl
- That being said, you have a temper!! Holy Cow girl! When you are mad you scream at the top of your lungs and everybody knows it!
- You are a drooly mess and everyone thinks your teething ~ no sign of teeth yet
- You have gotten up on your knees and will scoot backwards! Not cool Miss Thing! Please slow down! I don't want to miss the wonderful stage where you can sit up unattended but cannot move ;)
- You started eating solid foods! You have tried rice cereal, sweet potatoes, squash, avocado and pears.
- You are recognizing peoples' voices and will look in their direction when you hear someone. Most often in the morning when I nurse you and daddy walks in. You always pop off, look at him and smile. So cute!
- You are grabbing everything and have started putting things in your mouth. You are so funny because sometimes I will put your paci in to quiet you down and you will take it out of your mouth, look at it, and put it back in.
- You love to play with your feet. I forgot how flexible babies are
- You are still being swaddled for bed and I just don't know how to break you of that. You almost always bust out before you wake up in the morning but definitely need it to calm down for the night
- You have also started to flip to your belly to sleep ~ we still put you on your back to sleep but always wake up to find you on your tummy
- You eat 6 to 8 ounces a bottle 2-3 times a day and then nurse the rest of your feedings
- You are still in size 1 diapers and can still wear 0-3 months onesies (not the Gerber brand though). But you also can wear 6 month outfits especially in pants
- You love to be tickled and kissed and will go from a giggle to a full-blown belly laugh when we do it to you
- You always smile when Grandma Judy purses her lips and makes kissy sounds at you...then you try to mimick her
- You like playing in the exercauser and can make it spin all the way around
- You still get up once a night most nights ~ generally between 3 and 4 am
- You are not a great napper ~ only taking 45 minute naps a couple times a day
- You have started going to child watch at the Y
- You have started to push up onto your feet. It looks like you are doing a baby plank
- You LOVE your big brother Carter and he can always make you smile. I love that you are old enough to interact with him and I am very excited for more of that too come. Although the other day I heard Carter exclaim from the other room, "Isla is kicking me!" (and so it begins)
6 Month Stats:
- Weight: 12 pounds 13 ounces - 5th percentile
- Height: 24 1/2 inches - 20th percentile
- Head Circumference: 41.3 centimeters - 20th percentile. (would you believe I lost the sheet between the doctor's office and work?! The sheet Matt swears he saw me put in my purse. I know! Edited to add: My amazing husband found the missing sheet! I tore apart my purse/wallet for a good 5 minutes at work with no luck. The man takes one look in my wallet and it is there!)
Sweet thing, I just can't believe you are six month old. You are just the cutest and we love you so much.
~Author Unknown



No comments:
Post a Comment