Carter and his preschool class had their first field trip on Tuesday, October 2nd! They went to a Shady Knoll's Farm pumpkin patch! Carter was so very lucky because both his mommy and daddy went with him. When the kids arrived they got to feed the sheep and goat, they saw a horse, cows, geese and peacocks! Including baby peacocks ~ they were so cute. Then the kids went through a hay bale maze and then the corn maze. After the mazes, Farmer Gene took the kids to see the pumpkin patch and talked about where pumpkins come from. All the kids gathered and looked at the pumpkins growing on the vine. Then it was a quick photo op before Bunnyville! Carter would.not. look at me while attempting to take his picture. He didn't want to put his head through and wanted to be in the goat and not the sheep. Blah, Blah preschool drama :)
What a stinker!
After this {ahem} incident, Mrs. Myers commented that she had never seen Carter make that kind of a face and that he was always smiling at preschool. I asked her if Carter was bossy because Carter has a tendency (at least at home with Addison) to be the cop and tell Addison what she should/shouldn't be doing. Mrs. Myers said that he was always sweet at preschool, which made this momma feel good! Hopefully that won't change :). Update to add: Carter did have somewhat of a meltdown at preschool on Thursday. Mrs. Whiteman mentioned that he was sensitive all morning and cried when someone knocked over his tower. I have been worried about this as Carter has a tendency to react this way. I talked to Carter about not crying at preschool when things don't go his why and it didn't matter that his tower got knocked over because he could always build a new one, etc and so on. Then he said to me, "but I worked so hard on it." Oh Carter!
After my failed photo op, it was time for Bunnyville! Which was a cute little area that housed the bunnies. The kids got to go inside and pet them. I do have to say that I was pretty impressed that a group of 16 preschoolers, for the most part, followed the number one rule, which was do not chase the bunnies. The bunnies were really cute and my favorites where the floppy eared bunnies and this one really fluffy bunny that kind of looked like a dog.
When everyone was done petting the bunnies, Farmer Gene gave everyone a little pumpkin to take home (we couldn't pick pumpkins this year because the crop was so bad) and the kids washed their hands and had a yummy snack!
I did get a good picture before we left. It is funny because Carter probably wouldn't have wanted to get his picture taken but Mrs. Whiteman mentioned getting measured by the pumpkin and Carter was all, "I want to go get measured!"
And even gave me a smile!
(PS Carter looks HUGE to me in this pic)
We had a really great time on the field trip and I have to say that I really love Carter's preschool. Mrs. Whiteman and Mrs. Myers are wonderful and the kids get to do really fun activities and crafts. How do I know you ask? Well, if you look over to your left under My Blog List you will see a link entitled Carter's Preschool Happenings. The link takes you to Carter's preschool class page! Mrs. Whiteman updates it for both the Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday class and I love reading what adventures Carter had a preschool!
Next up: Class picture day! I am already trying to get Carter to practice his nice smile because sometimes when he forces his smile he looks downright evil. Ha!
"Children have to be educated, but they have also to be left to educate themselves." ~Abbé Dimnet


No comments:
Post a Comment