Monday, December 10, 2012

Lunch with Santa!

We entered the month of December with a super fun weekend! Saturday was spent Christmas shopping and Matt and I even got to go out with friends Saturday night! That sure hasn't happened in awhile :). Sunday, Matt and Carter put up and decorated our Christmas tree. I don't remember what I was doing...I assume something with Isla though :). They got the tree up pretty fast so Isla and I didn't help much.

After decorating the tree, Carter and I went over to my parent's house to play with Serenity and Chloe! I visited for a bit before heading back over to our house to get Isla {and myself} ready for lunch with Santa!! By noon, we all headed over the the Club for brunch. Everything was really good especially the dessert table :). The only blip during lunch was that Carter gagged so hard on his cheesecake that he spit up...what?! So random. After brunch, we went downstairs to do some crafts before it was our scheduled time to meet Santa.

Before we knew it, it was our turn and we went back upstairs to see the big man and were very surprised that Mrs. Claus made an appearance as well!! I could hardly get Carter too look at me because he was so busy telling Santa what he wanted for Christmas. I believe it was the same thing he told the news because he did the same hand motion :). Isla sat nicely for Mrs. Claus and smiled nicely too! She was all, 'I don't care who you are as long as I am being held."


Carter finished his crafts, made a cookie and got a balloon animal before it was time to go.

Looking like such a lady!

Couldn't resist another one :)

Isla with Daddy

Carter with his cookie
We headed over to Winterfest at the Family Museum around 2:15 so we could catch my cousin, Hannah, dance with the Limelight dancers at 2:30. After that, the kids had fun playing in the musuem. Both Addison and Carter were local celebrities that day :). Carter was interviewed by the local news and Addison was interviewed by the paper. The funny thing was that everytime we told Addison she was going to be in the newspaper she said, "I don't want to be in the newspaper! I want to be on TV like Carter." :)

It was a fun way to kick off the Christmas season!!

"It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air." ~ W.T. Ellis

No comments: