Sunday, December 23, 2012

What's Been Going On...

I wanted to capture all the fun we had this past month preparing for Christmas. We've been pretty busy.

Festivial of Trees
We started our Holidays with a trip to the Festivial of Trees! We went on a Saturday and it was very, very busy. The line for Santa was crazy! Matt, Isla and I stayed in line while Carter did some other North Pole activities with my mom. Would you believe that he wouldn't sit to complete one single craft?! I know! Total bummer. We finally got to meet the Big Guy and Carter was so very excited! He ran up to Santa and would hardly look at me for a picture because he was so busy telling Santa what he wanted :). After he was done he told me, "I told Santa I wanted 7 things!" Isla didn't care either way. She noticed some strange man was holding her but didn't really care.



After Santa we went over to look at the trees but, of course, Carter's favorite part was watching the big train. He would have stayed there all day if we let him. It was a fun day!

Lunch with Santa
I already captured of lunch with Santa so I won't do another recap but wanted to include one more picture :).


Ginger Bread Decorating!

My mom bought a Ginger Bread train and house set for Carter and Addison to decorate. We learned our lesson from last year and Matt glued the structures together before we decorated them :). Carter got to decorate the train and Addison the house. They both had a great time decorating and eating the candy, of course!

Isla Supervised

Serious Work

Some eating too



Dinner with Santa at the Fountains
We went to the Fountains for some yummy food and to see Santa again! We waited awhile for Santa and Mrs. Claus to make their appearance but Isla was as happy as can be. I was taking her picture and she smiled on cue! If she could speak she would have said 'cheese.' Check it out!


I know! All the kids sat on Santa and Mrs. Claus' laps, which went well....

For the most part!
I also got the sweetest picture of the kids and my mom. I call it the photo op vs. the reality :)


Photo op vs. reality


Christmas Program and Snow!
Carter's preschool class was supposed to have their Christmas program the Thursday before Christmas. And wouldn't you know that it coinsiding with our first snow storm of the year! School was closed and the program was rescheduled for after the first of the year :(. But! That meant it was a Snow Day! I worked from home (ie my mom's house) so I didn't have to drive into work but also got some help with the kids. Matt came home early due to the weather, which meant that he and Carter built the first Snowman of the season!!



They both braved the windy conditions and build a HUGE snowman. I really wish I would have taken a picture of him completed but it was so darn cold! Carter named him Rocky. It was so funny because the next day Carter asked me, "is it warm out?" I was so confused because it most certainly wasn't warm but my mom said he asked because it was really sunny outside and Carter was worried that Rocky would melt :). 


Christmas Exchange with Friends!

The Thursday of the snow storm was also the evening we planned to do our annual gift exhange with the Graham's, the Scott's and Mexi. Luckily by that evening it had finished snowing. The roads were still bad but the Graham's live really close so we slowly made our way over. We had a great time eating and Carter got a bunch of cool toys. Isla got some cute clothes, a huge teddy bear and some toys. Carter loves playing with Gavin and Mia and this year Jaxson was in the mix too. Isla, despite being so very crabby before we left, rallied and was such a sweetheart the entire time we were there ~ show off!

We all had a great time!

"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful." ~Norman Vincent Peale



No comments: