My sweet Isla Cakes! Another month down and another one closer to your 2nd birthday...it just doesn't seem possible. I have a fun app on my fun called TimeHop and it pulls pictures/posts off of Facebook and Instagram from years past and I almost couldn't believe it when the other day a picture of Isla learning to crawl popped up! Just last year she was a baby learning to crawl and now she is this little girl and I just can't get over the difference! Anyway, let's get to it ~ Isla at 20 months!
Isla is starting to talk a bit more but certainly not consistent! Things we/or others have heard hersay...want juice, nuts, Gus, grandma, pink (ink), there, that, right there, tree, square, please, Santa, papa, go, night night, apple (baple) no and yes. She will also point to and say eyes, ears and nose. That's all I can think of right at this moment but when it comes to Isla and talking she can certainly try and get words out when
she feels like it but when we ask her to repeat something ~ forget about it!
She loves my chapstick. Although she would prefer to eat it vs. letting me apply it to her lips. Anytime I get out my chapstick she opens her mouth and sticks out her tongue. I can no longer give her a chapstick with the cap on for her to 'pretend' to put on...she wants the cap off! But then she needs to be watched because she WILL eat it. I found that one out the hard way ;). She has a preference in the clothes she wears as well as the bows I put on her. I had two bows in my hand a pink one and a teal one. I was actually trying to color match the pick and decided that the teal would look better but before I could put it in her hair, Isla pointed and said, 'ink' for the pink one. How could I deny her when she asked so nicely :).
She has been battling cold/teeth for the past several weeks, which leads to drool and very wet shirts. Her gap between her front 4 teeth and molars have filled in on the top and she is working on the bottom. Her teeth are perfectly straight, which probably means her permanent teeth will be a mess :). Now she will open her mouth and smile when I say 'show me your teeth'
 |
| Something like that... |
Isla is a happy girl and also loves to be the center of attention. Addison loves to put on a 'show' by standing on my parents' fireplace and singing at the top of her lungs. Isla has caught on to this and will also get on the fireplace and 'sing.' It is really cute :). She also loves to dance when music comes on often shaking her bottom or spinning in circles.
 |
| Fun with trucks |
My girl is one that will always need to learn something by herself. I could tell her a million times not to do something because she would get hurt and she would still have to try it. Perfect example of this: We were at Katie and Ryan's house and the kids were putting on a show on the fireplace. The fire had been on awhile so the glass was hot and we kept reminding the kids to not stand too close because it was hot. Seriously we must have said it at least a half a dozen times when Isla looks at us, sticks out her pointer finger and touches the glass not long enough to burn herself or anything but long enough that she noticed it was, in fact, hot. The look on her face was priceless ~ she was in complete shock and then she got her sad pout and started to cry. I cuddled her but had to laugh and shake my head. When will they learn that we don't just say these things?
 |
| This was a problem... |
She loves to wave hello and goodbye to people and will do so if anyone enters/leaves a room. She also has started giving kisses with a loud 'muah' sound. The other day she was holding her baby on the way home from my mom's house and I heard 'muah, muah, muah' almost the entire way home as she was kissing her baby :).
She is ready to leave Grandma's house the second I come to get the kids after work. She immediately runs up to me and then to her coat saying 'Go Go.' She is helps me put her coat on.
 |
| Refuses to hold my hand but that's what Great Grandmas are for :) |
When she wants something she certainly has a way of letting you know it. We were getting ready to go to Grandma's house one morning and obviously weren't moving fast enought because Isla came into the family room and set Matt's shoe right by his foot! He asked for his other shoe and she came back with the matching one.
Also, the other night I was getting Isla ready for her bath. She was playing in Carter's room so I turned on the water and then went into Isla's room to grab her PJs....I came back to find this:
 |
| Apparently she can climb in tub now... |
She is giving hugs and kisses on command now but does it unprompted as well. She continues to love brushing her teeth and I find tooth brushes all around the house. She has just been so sweet and happy lately I could just eat her up! Love you to pieces Isla Cakes!
Daughters are angels sent from above to fill
our heart with unending love. ~ J. Lee
No comments:
Post a Comment