Friday, December 13, 2013

#ParentingFail

Against our better judgment we let Carter watch Home Alone on TV the other night. I didn't think much of it at the time...it was on TV so all of the 'bad' language was edited out and Matt fast forwarded through some parts. If anything, I thought it might be a little scary for him.

But Carter loved it! I was upstairs giving Isla a bath and putting her down for the night and I could hear him laughing from all the way downstairs :). Honestly, I thought it was kinda cute because Home Alone is Matt's favorite movie and I loved the idea of them watching it together. When the movie was over, Carter told me all about the 'criminals' and the funny things that Kevin did to them. It was too cute hearing him relaying the movie and saying, 'isn't that so funny?!"

What wasn't so cute, is when my mom called me at work the next day and said,' Well, you may not want to let Carter watch Home Alone anymore.' My first thought, was 'oh no! Did Carter hit someone with an iron or put cars on the floor for people to trip on?!' Apparently, Carter had been using the term, 'filthy animal' several times throughout the day! Oops! My mom assured me that he wasn't saying to be mean or anything like that but he was repeating it with the exact same tone as in the movie ;). I guess it is a good reminder of how much kids his age soak things in! Home Alone will have to wait a few more years for Mr. Carter....

My sweet boy

"Children seldom misquote. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."  ~Author Unknown

No comments: