Here's what you have been up to:
You are talking more and more although some words seem to sound the same. New words include: shoes, boots, hat, tea, ouch!, up, milk, more, help, apple and poop :).You are also starting to put two words together. Just the other day you said, 'bye Jo' when Auntie Jo was getting her coat on to leave. You try to repeat almost everything and words are starting to get clearer. You can say animal sounds ~ cow, cat, dog, sheep, etc. You are getting there!
You have gone poopy on the potty twice! To be fair, I knew you were going (or about to go) so I sat you on the potty. We made a big deal of it nonetheless and you love to grab toilet paper, wipe your bottom, flush and wave 'bye bye' to your poopies :). Definitely not close to potty training but you are getting the idea of what you are supposed to do when you are at the potty. The other day I found you in Katie and Ryan's bathroom and you said 'poop' too bad you had already gone ;).
You went to your first movie in the theaters!! You have been obsessed with the Frozen soundtrack (along with the rest of us) and since it has been so very cold we thought it would be a good time for you to try out a movie in the theaters. It she did pretty good for the most part. We decided to go to a 3:30 showing and got to the theater only to find out that it started at 4:00. Luckily the theater was empty so we let her and Gus run around to pass the time. Unfortunately, that led them to believe that they could do that while the movie was playing. It doesn't help that there are like 30 minutes of previews so she was definitely hitting her limit the last 10 minutes of the film. Overall I think she did well and had a great time singing along.
![]() |
| Best one I got :) |
You have started running! It is really too funny because her legs go super duper fast but she is so small she doesn't move too fast - ha! Sometimes she gets frustrated when she can't keep up with the big kids so she requests a ride.
You still have blue eyes and you hair is getting longer in the back. It is not getting long on the sides because you are pulling your hair out :(. You have always twirled your hair to fall asleep since you were about 9 months old and I always thought it was so cute. Now I don't think it is so cute because you have been breaking the ends off of your hair with all your twirling. I have started putting you hair in piggies instead of your standard pony in hopes that you can't twirl as easily. Your hair is just so fine so you can't afford to lose any!
You are still a little peanut and can even fit in between the banisters at my parents' house without getting stuck ~ we'll see how long this lasts. I don't love her doing this because I know one day she will get her head stuck. You know this but likes to do it anyway ~ of course!
![]() |
| Stinker face! |
![]() |
| High Waters! |
![]() |
| Turn your back and this happens |
![]() |
| Or this...such a proud look on her face! |
You like to do almost anything that Carter does and he is really into building block towers so you have taken to this as well. You both like to build forts and hide in them. It sure makes a mess in the house but they both love it so I don't mind the mess (too much).
![]() |
| Blocks! |
![]() |
| Where's Isla?! |
We love to pieces Miss Isla!!
"A daughter is a beautiful reflection of God's grace." ~ Lynn A. Pena







No comments:
Post a Comment