Thursday, May 7, 2009

5 weeks and Hanging in There!

Mr. Carterman is 5 weeks today and it appears that Mr. Fussbucket is here to stay! The poor thing has major gas issues and for the past couple of weeks he has fallen into one of three categories. He is either sleeping, eating or crying. I don't remember the last time he was awake and happy :(. His favorite time to cry? From 10 pm to midnight - every night!But we are trying different things to make Mr. Man more comfortable. One thing I am no longer going to do is brag about Carter's accomplishments because the second they show up on this blog they disappear in real life! Remember his swing? He used to love sleeping in it and now he hates it! So getting him to sleep has been a challenge. So we are coming to realize that he is probably just a typical baby - very inconsistent! WE LOVE HIM ANYWAY and I am praying he is sleeping better by the time I go back to work. I can't imagine doing this and having to work 8 hours a day - yet another adjustment I will have to make.

Even though I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast (yes I know it has only been 5 weeks but they have flown bye) I am looking forward to his upcoming milestones. It will be nice when he starts to recognize me (not just my voice) and I really can't wait until he starts really smiling!!

Happy early Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! I have a whole new appreciation for all of you! We are going to brunch on Sunday at the Fountains and I can't think of a better way to celebrate my first Mother's Day!

No comments: