Thursday, November 5, 2009

And So It Begins!

Our lives are going to get a lot...well, busier! Carter Man is no longer content sitting and banging things together...ah, those were the days :). He was just so cute and so immobile! And while we have only hit the tip of the iceberg it only gets busier from here!

Remember, just a couple days ago, when I blogged that Carter has been trying to go from a seated position to a crawling position? Well, he is no longer trying! He went from cautiously moving from his bottom to his knees (just last night) and now he is flinging himself onto his belly! Seriously, one minute he is sitting up and the next on his belly - crazy!

Another thing he did last night...wait for it...HE PULLED HIMSELF UP TO A STANDING POSITION! Let me set the scene - I was organizing his laundry to be put away (shirts here, pants there...) and Carter really wanted to help. And by help, I mean pulling everything out of the nice stacks I had just made. So I thought, I'll put him in the laundry basket! Kids love that...don't they?! And he did! I also loved it. As I could stack his clothes without his little hands all up in my business - ha!

But then he got curious. He has dropped his toy (and by toy I mean a bowl that we use in the tub, which he loves) out of the basket and wanted to see where it went. I saw his little head begin to peer over the side of the basket and knew what he was thinking. So I quickly braced the back of the laundry basket so it would hold his weight, called Matt to come over and we watched proudly as he slowly pulled himself up!

I thought maybe it was a fluke but Matt said he pulled himself up on his arm this morning when they were sitting on the couch! What a big boy! Another sweet thing Carter did this morning...he hugged me :). He didn't know it but I had him standing him bed (he was holding on to my fingers) and I went to bring him into the family room so I draped his arms around my neck to pick him up. And for a brief second he stood there with his arms around me holding on - it was too cute and felt like my first big hug from the little guy! Things are about to get interesting...

"Change is never easy. You fight to hold on. You fight to let go."
- The Wonder Years

No comments: