Wednesday, August 3, 2011

10 Years! ~ Class of 2001

Over Bix weekend my class had our ten year reunion!! Unbelievable! Some days I feel like I just got out of high school but then others it does feel like it has been ten years :). To be honest, our reunion was the most thoughtout or well organized BUT our Pres and VP did there best with little help from the high school and no budget to speak of.  But what is a high school reunion without a little dramz on Facebook ;).

The unfortunate part was that only 40 people showed up out of a class of nearly 300. Hopefully our next one will have better attendance. Despite the small crowd it was a lot of fun! Most of the people who showed up lived in town or I am friends with on Facebook but it was nice to see everyone nonetheless. It was interesting that when we got there the groups that were at tables together were the same cliques from high school. Which I suppose is not that surprising since we all like to feel comfortable and safe but it was quite the flashback. Most people got up and mingled except for one group of people who sat down at a table in the back and didn't get up once (and it was not the group you would expect). Some thoughts I have about the reunion in general:
  • I would have read the invitation closer and been earlier. Our reunion started at 4 pm and I 'thought' went until whenever. Not so! It only went until seven so we showed up pretty late at 5:30 and it would have been nice to have been able to talk to more people.
  • When I went to Matt's reunion last year I was surprised to realize how very few people I actually knew from his class. When we went to my reunion, Matt knew everyone! Every time I turned around it was, "Hatz! What's going on man!" :)
  • Facebook has really changed reunions - I think. I forgot to bring any pictures of Carter ( I know! Terrible, terrible mom). But almost everyone I spoke to I am friends with on Facebook and all commented on how cute Carter was :)
After the reunion was over we were hungry! And Matt and Mark were a little drunk :). So we decided to head to the Filling Station to eat. Can you believe that Mark has never eaten at the Filling Station?! I couldn't believe it because I know that we always take Grete there when they are in town - but then I remembered that Mark is usually golfing when the girls hang out during the day. Anyway we had a great dinner - Matt braved the huge tenderloin and Cory paid for us! Whatta guy!!

"Everyone there's a big world out there. Its bigger than the prom and its bigger than high school. It wont matter if you were the prom queen, or the quarterback, or even the biggest nerd in school. Find out who you are and try to not be afraid of it." - Never Been Kissed




No comments: