We went to Bettendorf's kick-off game to watch some football and hang out with some friends. It was really hot but fun and exhausting....because Carter doesn't listen. Like ever. He kept running up and down the hill (you Btowners know what hill I am talking about :) ), which normally wouldn't bother me except there were a ton of people around including a bunch of middle schoolers goofing around. So you know why I was a little concerned about Carter running around not paying any attenion. Gavin is a much better listener and stayed close to the blanket most of the night. He even tried to tell Carter to come back to our group and even escorted him back a couple of times. What a good buddy! We didn't get to watch most of the game because of all the running around but I did make sure to watch both the Cheerleader and Goldusters routine. They were both very good except for the music kept skipping because of the sound system. Now I have been out of school 10 years (oh my gah) and that sound system is still the same piece of crap it was back when I was a cheerleader/golduster! Poor girls :(.
Buddies hanging out!
I can't take credit for this very cute picture. Matt's friend Jon-Michael is starting his photography business and does a great job! You can check out more of his photos here and here. Saturday:
This isnt going to be very exciting because I can't remember much of Saturday's happenings :). I went to bootcamp in the morning (per usual). Carter stayed home with Matt because it had rained and therefore ruining Matt's plans to work out in the yard. They made a trip to Home Depot to look at plants and hit up Burger King for breakfast. The rest of the afternoon we hung out at my folk's and rented No Strings Attached for Saturday night. It was a pretty cute movie. Pretty predictable but still good.
Sunday:
Sunay morning we had our annual Tiemeier Family Fantasy Football league Draft! My mom made breakfast and we skyped Mark and Grete for our draft. You may remember that I won the league last year (holla!) so I got last pick but I 'think' I have a pretty decent. We will find out once the season starts. We did something pretty radical for us on Sunday. We let Carter skip his nap! But we had a good reason. McGladrey was having its Family Event at the River Bandits Game! Again it was hot but fun! Carter loved jumping in the Monkey Joe's jump houses and walking around the stadium pointing out all the boats on the river. Luckily Mr. Man was very well-behaved and couldn't tell he went sans nap. Until we left the game to go to Olive Garden for dinner because he passed out and slept for the next hour. But woke up in time to eat a couple meatballs for dinner. :) And! He went to bed at his usual bedtime and slept the whole night so we didn't screw his schedule up too bad.
"A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be."
~Douglas Pagels
~Douglas Pagels

No comments:
Post a Comment