- He is potty-trained! For reals. But please don't ask me for any potty training advice...Carter potty trained himself in a weekend - literally! He still occasionally has 'dribbles' but other than that he consistently goes on the potty.
- His big boy bed transition has been going okay. He loves his big boy bed but is having a hard time getting settled for the night. Since he can now get out of bed easily I often find him sleeping on the floor in the morning
- Loves to run around in just his big boy undies - more fun?! Naked!
- He looks like such a big boy - he doesn't have any of his baby face left ::tears::
- Has been terrorizing Hayden with his monster truck
- Speaking of monsters, he is convinced he has scary monsters in his room. Luckily mommy has 'monster spray' that gets rid of them :)
- His new phrase, "come on" or "follow me"
- He is obsessed with construction equipment and since it is summer we see a lot of it on the roads. He accurately names the following: excavators, skid loaders, bulldozers, end loaders, tractors and backhoe loaders. For the record, I have no idea the difference between a skid loader and an end loader :)
- Likes to pretend he is an alligator! I have to remind him that alligators still don't bite people. He replies, "bite apple." FYI, the apple is on the acceptable list for biting
- For the most part, Addison and Carter are good at taking turns. Even when Addison is not around when Carter is done with something he will say, "Addison's turn!"
- Matt will kill me for writing about his but it is something I want to remember....Carter is such a boy with mud and monster trucks but he like to do everything Addison does so he gets into some 'girlie' things too :). For instance, Addison has princess high-heels and Carter walks around in them more than she does - ha! He never matches his princesses but man can he walk the heels especially since they are too big. Also, the other day we came home from work and Carter was putting on make-up with Addison - his toes were even painted. Daddy was NOT happy!
- Asks for 'choco' milk first thing every.morning (we mix a splash of chocolate milk with his white milk)
- Refering to me more as 'mama' instead of 'mommy'
- Now that he is a big boy, he has decide that he is too big for a bath and requests taking a shower
Carter after walking past the bathroom: "Daddy's taking a bath. Like me."
Matt (while he is hammering the deck): "Cover you ears Carter."
Carter (while Daddy let him hammer the deck): "Cover your ears Daddy"
Carter: "The sidewalk is broken. Can't take a walk." (referring to the sidewalk by my parent's house that is torn up b/c of a water main break)
"Daddy peeked me." when Matt looked in at him through the car window
"Don't boo me grandma." after my mom scared him
Carter put on Addison's princess heels looked at my mom and said, "I'm running to Target."
My Mom: "What are you going to get a Target?"
Carter: "Cars!"
Carter totally scolded me the other day. I was spanking him playfully (I never spank for punishment) but I do often for fun..his tush is just so darn cute in big boy undies :). Anyway while I was spanking/patting his bottom he looked at me and said, "Mommy we don't hit people. Hit drums. No hit people." I felt a little sheepish - he is right!
Little boys are treasures
Who are worth their weight in gold.
And charm everyone around them

No comments:
Post a Comment