Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What We Have Been Up To!

Carter had a pretty busy summer by going to the pool when it was hot outside and playing outside when it was cool not so hot. Matt and I had a very busy summer with a little project ourselves...and now that it is completed we can share!

I was really busy with this:


Oh my gah! Now I am really late to jump on the True Blood bandwagon because we don't have HBO but I am so glad I did!! Joanna had the first 3 seasons on DVD so I borrowed them and watched all 3 seasons within a month - so good! How is it that I had no idea who Alexander Skarsgard was before now?! Yum! I have officially added him to my list. :)  But now I am a little sad because season 4 is on right now and we don't have HBO so I will have to wait (until probably next summer) to watch it. I know it will be worth the wait!

Matt was really busy working on this:


This is our old deck. Nice right? It was really nice in the sense it is pretty big but we never had much furniture to sit on and the stain was just slopped on the front of everything. Just the front. There were also some spots Matt just wasn't happy with. And it was really dirty to top it off.

Since we have done pretty much everything to the inside, our focus has become the outside. Starting with the siding this past Fall (I still need to post pics of the front). The deck started off as a little "if you give a mouse a cookie" type story. If you let your wife buy patio set (on sale!), she will want to powerwash the deck, which I did help with by the way. If she powerwashes the deck she will want her husband to re-stain it. Because he is a perfectionist, the husband will want to fix everything he doesn't like about the deck. Such as rebuilding all the railing, shortening and spacing the spindles, rebuilding two of the corner pieces, and adding new lattice work. Then the husband will spend hours staining the deck. Once the deck is completed the wife will relax on the new patio set.

So after many, many hours in the hot sun Matt completed the deck and it looks AMAZING. He even planted some hostas and mulched around the deck. Who wants to come over for some drinks?!




"Sweat is the cologne of accomplishment." ~Heywood Hale Broun



No comments: