Monday, August 1, 2011

Jr. Bix!

Carter did it! He ran in Jr. Bix and liked it :). If you remember last year, you would know that is a big accomplishment. We pumped him up all week by telling him he was going to be in a race. He always said he was going to run fast like Lightning McQueen! We even took him to Once Upon a Child for some new kicks (I have no idea what size he will be next fall so I thought we would buy some inexpensive shoes for the moment).

There was no doctor's appointment this year so we headed down to Davenport with Daddy, Auntie Jo, Great Grandma, Uncle Ryan, Aunt Katie, Addison, Grandma, Papa and UNCLE MARK! He made it home for the occasion! It was crazy hot and just play crazy down at the Jr Bix but you get a ton of 2 year olds together, in the heat, and  make them wait twenty minutes before they can run I guess that's to be expected.

Cool and Confident

Pre-race strategizing

Kisses for the Winner!
Matt didn't get any good pics of the man racing this year because of the crowds and because Mr. Man was running with the pack instead of standing and crying :). Congratulation Carter! You did great!

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that." 
-Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder




No comments: