Monday, August 27, 2012

Boys vs. Girls Weekends!!

This past weekend Carter and Matt had a boy's weekend in the Dells while Isla and I had a girl's weekend up in Minneapolis.

I wasn't there for the boy's weekend so I will just relay the information I got from Matt and Carter:

  • They road two Ducks! Not the quacking ducks as Carter says. One was green and one was white (Matt claims both were green and white)
  • The went down water slides and Matt only lost Carter once :/ This was my biggest fear but Matt said it was hard because they couldn't go down the slides together. Matt found him after a couple of minutes...he had gone back up and gotten in line to ride the slide again!
  • There was a big bucket that dumped water and Carter fell when the big splash came down
  • There was a wave pool at the water park
  • They rode Go Carts and go hit by one so Carter cried to rest of their riding time, Per Carter,  "someone came up and bumped us and I hit my head. And then I cried."
  • They went to the Outlet mall on Sunday and Carter hit the Cars jackpot at the Disney store
  • Carter thinks they were at the Dells for 2 weeks and next time wants to bring his friend Gavin and stay for 3 weeks :)
  • I told him I missed him when I saw him Sunday afternoon and he said to me, "I didn't miss you too bad..." I started laughing and Carter said, "Are you happy?"


  • Girls Weekend
  • My mom, Katie, Jo, Isla and I went up to Minneapolis for Baby T's baby shower!!
  • We dropped Addison and Gus off in Waverly so they could spend the weekend with Grammy and Papa Combine!
  • Isla was really good in the car both up and back! We only stopped once both ways to drop off/pick up Addison and Gus. Isla ate in the parking lot and then slept the entire time.
  • Elissa, Grete's sister, and Grete's mom did a great job planning the shower and preparing the shower games ~ Joanna won the memory game! She remember 19 out of 26 items.
  • My mom did a great job with the table decorations, which were books of course! Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and Shoe La La to name a few!
  • Isla was really well behaved at the shower only fussing for a little bit and then she took a little snooze...she did puke A LOT but she is still so cute!
  • Grete looked amazing and got a lot of great gifts. She had a book-themed shower so she got a lot of good books. The best part is that most of the people that brought books had a great story/reason they gifted her the book (it was either their favorite as a child or their child's favorite etc.). Elissa had book plates so people could write Grete and baby a little something in the books...such a wonderful idea!
  • After the shower we loaded up everything and relaxed at Mark and Grete's house. We helped Grete put most of the gifts away
  • Mark grilled out for dinner (in the rain!) and we enjoyed each other's company including Grete's parents, sister and grandparents.
  • I have to admit that Isla was a hit! She is so smiley lately that a group of us had a picnic dinner on the floor and just gathered around talking to Isla. Grete's parents are going to be AMAZING grandparents :)
  • The girls (minus Isla) took an impromtu trip to Mall of America to check out the Disney store. A Big Thanks to Uncle Mark who watched Isla while we were gone. The kids got some great stuff!
  • We ate breakfast at Perkins with Mark and Grete before hitting the road home
  • The trip home was fine until we hit rain in Iowa City...that was not so much fun!

  • It was certainly a busy weekend for both the girls and boys!
    "There aren't enough days in the weekend." ~Rod Schmidt





    No comments: