Friday, August 24, 2012

Isla ~ 4 Months!

Happy 4 months Baby Girl!! The time is just flying by and you are getting to be SO BIG!

Your hair looks really red in the sun. I feel like Carter's hair did that too so I am not getting my hopes up :)
Your eyelashes are really light blonde
You are smiling more everyday and coo and squeal. You are quite the talker and can be really loud! :)
Your favorite past time is watching the ceiling fan
You are spitting up more! Boo! Every since vacation it seems like you are just puking on everything. Not quite as bad as Carter but close
You went to the beach for the first time and put your toes in the ocean! You weren't so impressed with the water but LOVED taking naps beachside
You are starting to hold your head up really well!! I noticed that you were getting a little lazy so I thought you needed more tummy time and now you are a pro!
You went putt putting for the first time. Well, with dad since he was carrying you in the Bjorn. You didn't really like when he stopped moving or started talking so you barely made it 9 holes
You love to lay on the floor and kick around
You got sick for the first time :( Luckily it was just a stuffy nose
You are so very close to rolling over (back to belly). The other night I thought you had it because you were rocking back and forth but that dang arm kept getting in your way!
You started out the month HATING your bath. Seriously, would scream bloody murder but now you are more laid back about it and like to kick your legs in the water
You survived your first big road trip!
You started giggling (8/9) Adorable!
Your night time sleeping habits have taken a turn for the worse. You slept for the night for the first time on June 30th and consistently slept from 9 - 5:30 for 2 weeks straight! And! I didn't even blog about it for fear of jinxing it :). But then I went back to work and you got up a couple of times the 7 days I was back, then it was vacation and you did pretty good. Sleeping through the night some nights and getting up others. But now that we are back you have been getting up every.night. At random times too, 12:30, 2:30, 3:30 and the dreaded 4:30! You usually eat and go right back down for bed so I shouldn't complain but since I am back at work I miss my sleep :)
You still need to be swaddled to sleep. And your sound machine. You are my little high-maintenance sleeper :)
You got your first kiss!! We were over at the Graham's house and our friend's son, Jaxson (7 months), crawled over and planted one on you! Better start watching out dad!
You love your big brother and are always on the lookout for him. You give him the strangest looks like 'what ARE you doing?'

You did great at your 4 months check up!! We waited for.ever to be seen but, other than spitting up all over my work clothes, you were well behaved especially since you were so very sleepy. You even fell asleep before the doctor came in to check you. You are hitting all your 4 month milestones except for rolling over, which the doctor didn't seemed concerned about but kept harping on. You are so close to doing it so I am not worried at all! You cried when you got your shots but calmed down fairly quickly.

4 Months Stats:

Weight: 12 pounds 3 ounces = 25th percentile
Height: 23 1/2 inches = 50th percentile
Head Circumference: 40 centimeters = 50th percentile

A little skinny mini but we'll take it! The doctor said you look really healthy and doesn't have any concerns. She cleared you to start rice cereal and then to move onto stage 1 vegetables and fruits in the next couple of months. You sure are growing up fast!! Love you girly girl!

"A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart." ~Author Unknown








No comments: