For instance, over the weekend, Carter got the flu bug :(. He was sick on Friday but absolutely fine on Saturday so he got to hang out with his best buddy Gavin. But then Sunday morning he threw up and had a fever. Unfortunately for Carter that meant missing his cousin Serenity's birthday party. It was such a bummer and he would have had so much fun. Carter and Serenity get along great! Matt stayed home with Carter Man while Isla and I went over to my mom's and enjoyed the festivities. So that evening, I was bathing Isla when Carter came in to use the restroom. I told him that Serenity missed him and he looked at me and said with utmost sincerity, "But I didn't want to get the birthday girl sick." So sweet!
- You start pre-school ::tears:: I am so happy for you and you are so ready...mommy just isn't as ready to see her grown up boy
- You are staying dry at night! I think you have been for awhile but your Cars pull-ups had a blue indicator on them and I always thought that meant they were wet but apparently not. Daddy forgot to put a pull-up on you the other night so you slept naked! But no accident!
- You still have the brightest smile and the most contagious laugh
- You have started saying 'ya' instead of 'you' in your speech. It is so funny. "but I'll miss ya!"
- You are so inquisitive. My mom was talking and said something like, "well, that isn't nice. It is kind of derogatory." (I believe it was in reference to GAbby Douglas being called the 'flying squirrel"). Anyway, Carter piped up and said, "what's derogatory mean?"
- You will go on your first 'boys trip' with daddy. Mommy and Isla will head up north to go to Baby T's baby shower and daddy thought a trip to the Dells was in order!
- You went to the beach for the first time and LOVED it!
- You are Isla's protector! You stood by her when you thought Gus was getting to close and told your friend Gavin to be careful driving his cars around her while she was on the floor
- You are a clapping fool! I don't know exactly when this started but you clap all.day.long! Silly man!
Carter Funnies:
"Mom, leave me alone for a little bit"
'what did you say mom?"
"There's a hair in my mouth. That's disgusting."
Me: Friday!!
Carter: Are we going to the beach?
Me: Sweetie, we all ready went to the beach...
Carter: But I miss it!
"I got a problem mom. Not a big one I just spilled a little milk. I got to clean it up."
There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. ~Walt Streightiff



No comments:
Post a Comment