Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What's Happening in Carter's World!

I haven't updated on my Carter Man for a couple of months. So this is a mish mash of what has been going on :)


Carter finished up first year of preschool! He had such a wonderful year with amazing teachers! We recently signed him up for the Summer Reading Program at the library.

Last day of prechool
Last Day of Preschool!

He can give major attitude some days! Ugh! I thought 3 was challenging but the beginning of the 4s have sometimes been worse! He can be so headstrong it is ridiculous but will also cry at the drop of the hat and it can be exhausting. We are definitely picking our battles but some days it seems like everything is a battle. He does much better when he gets a nap but that doesn't always happen. When he plays outside he just runs himself ragged and is usually asleep by dinnertime :). The springtime weather did not help either...we are over being stuck inside!

Pouting
Pouting because we stopped at the Blue park before the Red park at Hoover
He is starting to enjoy writing his and Addison's name and can spell Isla's name so we hear 'I S L A' a lot.

Funny story: we were over at Katie and Ryan's house playing and Carter wrote Addison name on the driveway with chalk. So Katie had Addison write her name too. After Addison wrote her 's' backwards, Carter looked at said, "Addison, why don't you come look at mine." He can be such a know-it-all :)

He is also enjoying learning letter sounds and will often sound a word out and tell me what it starts with and proceed to name of 5 other words that start with that letter :) 'P is for pie, and pig, and pizza'

He loves playing outside but isn't a fan of sunscreen. It just isn't fun to sit still when someone applies it. He knows that he has to wear it or play inside. He doesn't always like these options.
Conquering the ladder
Nice night out at the park

He still loves to cuddle in the evenings and is still obsessed with his loveys. He piled all of them into his new closet and likes to hang out in there with them. He also loves to build forts so our (or grandma's) couch cushions are always a mess!

Crazy carter tower
A Tower!
Carter is finally riding his John Deere Bike!  He has taken a couple of spills but has gotten right back on! Except for now he is a little timid going up/down driveways (supervised of course) and is getting off and walking his back across the street. He can pedal really fast and likes to use the brakes.

He is back to wanting to take showers vs a bath. Although does occassionally like to take baths with Isla. They fight over who sits in front! Carter usually gets some Ipad time in the evening (if he has a good/no timeout day) but the new rule is that he has to take a bath or shower before since it is summer and he is dirty from playing outside. Well, Gavin, Mia and Jon-Michael came over the other night because we were buying some raffle tickets for Hoover's Fun night from Mia. Carter played with them outside for a little bit (in his underwear!) and then disappeared inside. I thougth for sure he was being sneaky and watching the IPad but Matt went inside to check on him and he was in the shower!! He also is washing himself now...such a big boy!


His memory still amazes me. I don't always know what triggers him but he sometimes recalls the littlest things. We had dinner at Governor's the other night and when we were leaving we passed the patio and Carter said, "I've been there before...right over there. Remember it was a sunny day and we ate outside. And baby Jaxson gave me sand toys."

So yeah, that all happened last year! Right after Isla was born we went to lunch with our friends and they did give him a 'big brother' gift of sand toys because we were going to the beach. I wish I had his memory!!

He is getting more and more frustrated with little sister up in his business. I hear 'I-wa No!' when she is making a beeline for his toys. PS. She knows this bugs him and takes great joy in doing it. He was really excited about moving and helping daddy pack boxes. He kept saying, "I'm going to pack up all my loveys'

Last night at hoover
Last night walking and playing at Hoover


He adjusted to the move pretty well but sleeping in his new room has been a challenge. Actually, he hasn't started falling asleep in his room yet. He falls asleep in our room and we just move him later. During the first week, Matt made him go in there and I went in to check on him and he was crying. I talked to him about it and, of course, he told me that he was scared. So I said, "Carter this room is exactly like your room at the old house." And he looked at me and said, "but the door handles are different. That's why it is so scary."
Reaching a little bit there buddy! So falling asleep in his room is a battle we don't fight since he isn't coming into our room in the middle of the night.

Carter Quotables:

Me: 'Wow, you really did have to go to the bathroom.' Carter: 'Yeah, I went standing up. But I got tinkle on my hands...big mistake'

"Mom, can I borrow your bathroom?" - when asking to use our bathroom instead of the kids' bathroom

"My hand are full. I only have two hands. If I had three hands I could open the door." - he was helping carrying things into the new house.

"Mom, you are going to have fun in that shower. It has two heads!"


"Mom, you wanna here the goodest news?! I get to sleep next to you!" ~ he was really excited about sleeping with me at the hotel

"You wanna meet my mom? She's really nice!" - Carter met a really nice little girl at the funeral home when we we are my Grandma's visitation and they played together. Joanna overheard him ask her that ~ so cute!

"Everyone in the world has a flag. Even Papa Dave..." ~ all the American flags were out for Memorial Day.

"Grandma, want to hear the happiest thing? I ate all my skittles!"

"Look at all those Group Heads. I missed them on the way here because I was sleeping." ~ passing the army trucks off of Kimberly

"Here Isla...want your own gorgeous case." ~ offering Isla her make up case since she was messing with mine :)
Carter man lookin old
4 year pictures! Looking so old!

"Without my children my house would be clean and my wallet would be full. But my heart would be empty." ~ Unkown

No comments: