Saturday was race day!! We signed up for Color the Quads several months ago and couldn't believe June 1st was actually upon us! Carter and Addison ran in the kids' race Saturday morning and Carter wanted everyone to come and 'cheer him on.' And pretty much everyone did! Auntie Jo and Auntie Lisa came and I even made a call to Amanda, Mia and Gavin who were sweet enough to show up.
I had been telling Carter all week that he was going to run a race and that colors were going to get thrown on him. He can be a little clean freak so I wanted him to be prepared. He and Addison ended up doing great!! I was a little nervous because the 400 meter run was sold out and they had to run half a mile, which I thought would be a little long for them but they proved me wrong and ran the whole thing! Katie decided to run with them last minute because we were a little nervous about them doing it on their own with all of the kids there...what can I say they are our first borns. Just watch, Gus and Isla will be doing it a couple years and we probably won't even think twice about letting them run by themselves :). It was a fun morning with perfect weather for the race. Thanks to everyone who came out to cheer them on!
![]() |
| Post Race Carter! |
After the race, we all went back to my parents' house so Carter and Addison could take a bath. Isla fell asleep on the way and Auntie Jo gracious offered to stay with her so the big kids, my mom, Katie and I made our way to the library to sign up for the Summer Reading Program and to get Carter and Addison library cards. They were so excited about it but the only bummer was that Carter wasn't allowed to get his library card that day because I put our new address on the form and didn't have 'proof' that we lived there. Since we moved so recently I don't have a bill with our new address on it yet. Seriously!? It is a library card not a driver's license.
After our library adventure, the Hatz fam went out to Hu Hot for lunch with Matt's family. I love that place but had to be very careful because usually I leave uncomfortably full and I still had a race to run!
Our race was at 4 pm so we all go ready at my mom's house and headed over. Isla was getting sleepy again so she stayed home with my dad. We had a great time running/walking the race. The course wasn't too bad although the Maplecrest hill wasn't so fun :). But there were people scattered along the course cheering on the runners as well as bands playing and different points. The color was such a mess but so much fun! We all got extra color bags in our packets and gave them to the kids because we thought they would like throwing the color on us. And they did!
![]() |
| She may have had the MOST fun! :) |
Sunday was a special day because my Aunt and Uncle came up from Burlington with their granddaughters to celebrate Miss Chloe's 3rd Birthday!! Summer still hasn't decided to join us so the weather was a little chilly but definitely perfect for the zoo!! This was the first zoo trip of the year and we hope to go a lot more! Auntie Lisa and Jim even braved our oversized group and went with us! Carter rode the pony all by himself and both Carter and Isla loved the carousel. The best part, I thought, was seeing the lions up close. Niabi is renovating their exhibit so they are temporarily in similar cages as the cheetah and leopard so you got a really good view of them. Carter was standing their looking at the male lion and he looked right at Carter and started to roar at him. It was wild!
Of course we rode the train too:
![]() |
| Train Buddies! |
![]() |
| Too cool! |
After the zoo was naps for Isla and Gus and then dinner, cake and presents for Chloe!! It was such a great weekend and, of course, Monday came way to soon. Just like it always does :)
“The whole point of the week is the weekend.” ― Angela Montenegro




No comments:
Post a Comment