A not so pretty picture - the HUGE pad Char pulled out of the "mother's bag" that I will have to wear in the hospital! Labor is definitely not glamorous between the pads, stretchy underwear and all the stretching of my area it will be a miracle if Matt ever wants to have sex again :). Last night was our last childbirth class and we now we have all the information on the good, the bad and the ugly of childbirth.
- The Good - As stated above, we will finally get to meet our baby!
- The Bad - Labor, contractions, pushing, pressure, etc., etc., etc.
- The Ugly - The healing after birth, ice pads, lochia, squirt bottles, pads, soreness, swelling, bruising, loose belly skin, etc., etc., etc.
Now, I am not totally dense I knew that my body would have to heal after "pushing something the size of a watermelon out of something the size of a lemon." That and the fact that I will never forget my friend's "twinkie story" after the birth of her daughter (thanks Brooke!). But I can't help but think - can I just be done?! First, I will have carried this baby for 9 months, gone through hours of labor, pushed a human being out of my body and now I have to remember my squirt bottle when I go to the bathroom! It just doesn't seem quite fair. Men could never do this :).
Speaking of men... I heard (or maybe just made up) that in some cultures a rock is tied to the men's testicles when the women go into labor. And every time she has a contraction she would pull on the string so the man could feel the pain she was in - ah sweet revenge! I haven't gotten Matt on board with this yet but I am still considering it as an option - just kidding honey!!
Other Childbirth Prep News:
- We Graduated!! We got a diploma and everything!
- The "twin lady" had her babies March 2nd and they were born an HOUR a part - and my mom thought 18 minutes was bad!
- A-Dizzle was quiet all night so I have no good stories to share :(
- Matt was called a "suck up" by another dad in class when he gave me comforting words before Char asked. Please note that his comforting words to me were, "you are a hard ass."
The Countdown has begun - 36 Days until our "prize" arrives!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment