This past weekend was one of the most fun and exhausting weekends Matt and I have had in awhile!! The weekend started Friday afternoon for me - I took the afternoon off to get a prenatal massage - Matt had given me a gift certificate when we first found out I was pregnant so Friday I cashed it in!!! The massage was AMAZING and very relaxing (exactly what I needed after a slow work week!). My mom and I also took advantage of the warm weather by taking Addison and the dogs for two short walks!! Mark and Grete came into to town so we had fun visiting with them Friday night.
Saturday was the day of my shower!! The girls went for pedicures that morning and then helped set up for the shower. The baby shower was so much fun and I have to thank my grandma, my mom, and my sisters (Grete this includes you!) for organizing the shower and making everything look wonderful. While my mom gets an "A" for hosting the shower she gets an "F' for taking pictures :). We didn't get nearly enough pictures of the shower and everyone who attended. But I am going to let that slide because even though I may not have a visual of everyone who attended I will always remember how blessed I felt that day. Baby Hatz was "showered" with many, many gifts and more importantly a lot of love!! So THANK YOU ALL!!! Thanks to those of you who took time out of your day to attend the shower. And to those of you who couldn't make it, thank you for your wonderful thoughts and well wishes - I know you were there in spirit.
Saturday night we went to the Club for dinner. Katie and I split crab legs and they were delicious - Baby Hatz agreed as he/she kicked throughout dinner :). By the time Matt and I got home it was all we could do to make it upstairs and into bed before passing out!
Sunday was little Miss Addison's baptism! Matt and I arrived at the church early - as Godparents we wanted to go over our "duties." The Pastor gave a wonderful sermon even though Addison screamed through it and had to be taken out :). But she calmed down and made it back into the church just in time to be baptized. During the baptism she did great! She was alert and didn't even cry when blessed with the holy water. I had the important job of holding the baptismal candle and I didn't drop it - phew! After the ceremony, my mom hosted everyone (including the entire Meyer clan) at her house for lunch, gifts and cake! We also watched UNI win the MVC tournament title - Go Panthers!
Like I said, fun but exhausting. So Sunday night, Matt and I were excited to just relax and watch CSI. This idea went to shit the moment Matt discovered we had gotten water in our basement - AGAIN! AHHH!! This is so annoying!! Poor Matt had spend the entire night with the wet vac in the basement while I organized all the baby's gifts in the nursery (they were down in the basement but thankfully none of them got ruined). So now we have to call a professional to see WTF is going on. Not quite the way we wanted to end our weekend - oh the joys of home ownership!
8 years ago
1 comment:
Never fear--I just sent all the pictures of the shower to you!
Post a Comment