Happy Ground Hog's Day!! And! Happy 22 months to my not-so-little Man! We are at that time of year again when Carter's birthday is right around the corner and I am once again having issues with this whole "growing up" thing :). I am so in denial that he is turning two. Two! I mean I guess it makes sense - he has "terrible two" tantrums and all the talking he is doing lately he seems like a two year old. Actually the lady at the bank asked if he was three! But I have to keep reminding myself he is only 1, which is crazy because he is so very different than when he turned one.
What Carter has been up to:
- Repeating everything. It really makes you stop and think what is coming out of your mouth. The other day I stepped in water that Matt and drudged in from outside and out came, "ugh, that is so annoying!!" And not even a second that Carter repeated, with the same snotty intonation, "annoying." I sure didn't like the way it sounded....
- He is obsessed with the movie Cars and anything that has to do with it. We have been purchasing all the main characters and he knows how to say all of them. Lightning McQueen, Ramone, Sally, Flo, Mack, Mater, Luigi and Guido. He calls Red a "wee-oo" and Fillmore a "bus" but hey that isn't bad!
- He has started counting but it goes a little something like this, "1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10" We are working on it :)
- He has to take his four loveys out to the living room every morning (I think that I have mentioned that before) but now he names them when he gives them to me, "Pig, Puffin' - sometimes sounds like Muffin, Giraffe and Other Giraffe - yes, he call him other giraffe." The other day we were going through the count and then he said, "Carter" when he wanted me to pick him up. Too cute!
- He has starting his biting habit again - boo! He was doing so well and hadn't even attempted to bit Addison for months and then all of the sudden he is back at it. He even bit her forehead and made a mark!
- He most certainly has gotten acquainted with Time-Out because of said biting but other things as well. He will stand in the corner for his minute and says sorry and gives kisses when he is done.
- We have gone swimming at the Y a lot lately and Carter is fearless in the water (and practically gives me a heart attack). He will walk all the way out to the edge even thought the water is literally up to his chin.
- We are still working on toughening Carter up. Even though I said I didn't mind his cry face it is getting a little ridiculous. Addison can look at him and he will start crying.
- He is a man that knows what he wants and I hear "no, Mom" a lot. Like every morning when I go to change his diaper. Not in a mean way just matter of fact tone to which I respond, just as matter of fact, "yes, Carter."
- He is still happy-go-lucky but with a couple of tantrums thrown in especially when he is tired. The other day before bed he was almost inconsolable because his Mater truck wouldn't tow Bus. Trying to explain that Mater's tow hook is purely decorative and not functional to an almost two year old is not easy.
- He still runs around like a crazy person and you can tell his is being naughty by his evil laugh.
- We bought him a Cars lunchbox to keep his cars in and he calls it his Cars purse :)
- And even though Matt will kill me for writing this, my mom found an old lunchbox at her house that had a little Barbie in it and Carter LOVES it! He even asked "where Barbie is" the other night when I was putting him to bed.

"This is it. Life will never be better, nor sweeter than this.” – Sweet November
No comments:
Post a Comment