It all started when I got home from work and had a itch to just get out of the house. I am so sick of being struck inside and I think Carter feels the same way. A couple of days ago, he received a Valentine's day card from his Great Grandma Jeannie with ten dollars in it! So I thought it would be really fun to take Carter to Toys R Us and let him pick out a toy with this money. Never.again.
We usually put Carter in a cart when we go to the store but decided to let him roam free. We showed him the Cars aisle and he picked out a Mack truck for his gift. I wanted to look at some clothes so Matt stayed with Carter who was content reading a Cars book on the floor :). He was fine when we went to leave until we turned the corner and a Thomas the Train table was right there to play with. We let him play for a few minutes but realized we really had to leave so I picked Carter up and told him to say good-bye to Thomas.
OMG!!!
That's when the "you know what" hit the fan. Carter started bawling and with tears streaming down his face he kept saying, "no, mom! more choo choo." He just wouldn't stop crying and my image of Carter paying for his Mack truck with his ten dollars on this fun trip to Toys R Us was totally destroyed :). Instead Matt paid for the truck and our other items with his credit card while Carter (wait for it) stood in time-out.
That's right! I put Carter in time-out while waiting in the check-out line at Toys R Us. The shame! But it did calm him down when nothing else did. I almost didn't want to give him his Mack truck because he acted so badly but decided that he is only 1 and it was a Valentine's day gift so I let him open it when we got home. He LOVES it!! Thanks Great Grandma!
"For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness." ~Author Unknown


No comments:
Post a Comment