Thursday, February 24, 2011

Smart Boy!!

It should come as no surprise that Matt and I think Carter is pretty smart :). Especially now that he is talking more we are constantlly amazed by the things he retains. My mom thinks he is smart too and one of the best things about her watching him during the day is that she will sometimes call me with a "Smart Carter story." :)

Today she called to let me know that he spoke his first full sentence!! This is clearly news only a parent can appreciate but I wanted to write it down so I could always remember....Carter's first sentence was

"I want my slippers off."

I am so proud!! We have really been working with Carter to use his words instead of just whining to get what he wants and it is really wonderful to see/hear the progress he is making. Such a big boy!!

Other cute Carter updates:
  • He has started calling Addison, "Addison Arie (Marie)," which is what we call her often
  • He is now giving big hugs! Especially to Hayden
  • When he gets excited he clenches his teeth with a big smile
  • He continues to sing "Frosty the "Mo man" and the other day on a walk with my mom he pointed out the big snow piles and the baby snow piles :)

Naughty Man! :)


"There is always a moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in." - Graham Green

 

No comments: