You still have a crazy memory! I wish I could remember events the way you do...the other day we were going through my little camera, which have VERY old pictures on it. Like when we went to the hospital to meet Gus! There were pictures from Palmer Halloween 2011 when you were Lightning McQueen. And you looked at me and said, "this is from when I was 2 and I stuck my hand in a shark!" I was kinda confused but literally two pictures later, there you were sticking your hand in a shark pinata!
You are really into numbers and addition. You quiz us most nights - what does 2 plus 2 make? 4. what does 4 plus 4 make. 8 and so on and so forth. Then sometimes we really have to pay attention because you say things like what does 4 plus 5 plus 6 plus 7 plus 10 make? You know 2 plus 2 makes 4 and 5 plus 5 makes 10 so sometimes I try to throw you off and give you an incorrect answer ~ you do NOT like that!
Just as expected, your farm doesn't come up in conversation as much as it once did and that makes me a little sad. I think/hope that once the weather turns warmer we may hear about your farm more often.
You are in a 'what do I get' phase that is certainly not my favorite! It is our fault really because we so desperately wanted you to eat that we would bribe you with things. But now you ask 'what do I get' when you do something you are supposed to be doing. I have to explain to you that you get the satisfaction of doing the right thing :).
You are still in your baby and lovey phase. The past couple of nights you have piled all of your lovies around you in your bed and made 'your nest.'
When you and Addison play just the two of you, you play so nice together! Almost better then when we play with both of you. You both have such wonderful imaginations!!
You no longer take a nap but there are days when you definitely still need one! You can be such a bear when you are tired and have many pictures of the random places you have fallen asleep.
You have started to be a banana boy and often ask for a 'healthy snack' during the day.
We had your conferences for preschool and got a great report. They said your emotions have 'matured' and things don't seem to be as big of a deal for you like they were at the beginning of the year. They also said you have a great imagination and that you do talk about your farm and Mr. Pig
A couple weeks ago, we started counting down the days to your birthday. Both my dad and I suggested we do a birthday chain! You said, 'that's crazy! We only do chains for Tierney.' Okay then.
At 4 years (things I don't want to forget):
- You love numbers and letter sounds. You love to play with stickers and still LOVE pigs!
- When you hold up two fingers, you always squeeze them together.
- You say 'teenage mutant 'inja' turtles'
- You pronounce Isla - I-wa
- That you didn't think you were 4 until you had your Shark party! Even though we sang Happy Birthday and gave you a gift on your actual birthday you insisted that you weren't 4 until party day. So it is a good thing you didn't miss your party!
- You can write your name but not in order...you write C, A, R, T, E, R but it is all over the page mostly because you usually write it on coloring pages so you fit letters in where you can :)
- You can be so Type A! Oh my! We were coloring with your new crayons the other day that don't have wrappers but are stamped with Melissa & Doug on one side. I put one back with the flat side up and you said, "no mom! You have to put the words up. This one isn't right. Neither is this one." The fact you used the word 'neither' blew my mind!
I need wiped! (can be heard yelling this from any bathroom and always with the same tone)
Remember when we went to Pastor Del's old church and I brought my waffle with me? Grandma Judy cam with us. ~ he recalled this story after having a waffle for breakfast the other day. He did bring his waffle to church with us last year! It was before Isla was born!
A fishing pole! You've got to be kidding me! (sound familiar Grandma Judy?!) ~ his response when the secret Mouskatool was a fishing pole to get coconuts from a tree
4 year old stats:
Weight: 34 pounds = 32nd percentile
Height: 41 1/4 inches = 70th percentile!
Tall and skinny I guess! You did great at your doctor appointment and answered all of Dr. Omar's questions, passed the eye exam and opted out of your shot until next year :).
Love ya Carter Man!
![]() |
| Off to his Birthday Party! |
'You don’t raise heroes; you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes.' ~ Walter Schirra Sr.

No comments:
Post a Comment