Friday, April 26, 2013

Isla's Birthday Day!

I want to capture all the fun things we do for Miss Isla's first birthday. I wanted to wait until I had pictures to post but we have been so busy that I just don't know when that will happen :). So I typing things out sans pictures for now so I don't forget.

When Isla woke up on her birthday morning I sang Happy Birthday open entering her room just like I have with Carter every year. She was less than thrilled and cried the whole time. She just didn't understand why I wasn't picking her up immediately! Or maybe it was my singing voice :).

I took the day off to celebrate my girl but since her birthday was on a Wednesday I did decide to have her {and Carter} hang out with Papa Dave and Grandma Jeri while I went to Heather's workout class. After workout we hung out with Grandma Judy a bit and then took Isla out to Applebees for lunch! The four of us had a great time and Isla got a special treat!

Birthday lunch
Birthday Girl!
Yum
Yum!
After lunch, we played outside for a bit. When the sun was out the temperature was nice just a little windy but when that sun went behind the clouds it was darn right cold!! This spring weather has just been terrible! Everyone asked me what the weather was like the day Isla was born and I couldn't remember!! I think the temperature was fairly warm (?) but I do know that it started sprinkling on the way to the hospital

Hanging out with carter
Trying to catch a ride
Before I knew it, it was time to take Isla to her 1 year checkup! I felt a little bit bad about scheduling a doctor's appointment on her birthday but it made the most sense since I was already off of work. Carter stayed with Grandma Judy and Isla and I headed out. The appointment took forever! But Isla was happy as could be...crawling around, playing with toys and generally making trouble :). The nurse practitioner thought she looked healthy and said she might just be petite seeing as she still didn't make the weight chart.
12 month check up
Drool!

Isla had to have blood drawn and 2 shots! She actually did great with the finger stick and didn't cry at all but was NOT happy about those 2 shots. Part of the reason it took so long was because they tested her iron levels twice. Her first test came back at 10.9 and they want levels to at least be 11. Since she was so close, they thought maybe another test we put her over the 11 mark so she wouldn't have to take iron supplements. Well, her second test came back lower so iron supplements were prescribed. She just has to take them once a day and will get re-checked at 15 months. No.big.deal.

After the doctor, it was nap time for Isla and when she got up we went for a walk with Grandma Judy until Daddy came home from work. Daddy made dinner and we went to Matt's folks so Isla could open up her birthday present. She got a fun walker!! She started pushing it a little bit but was too distracting by the noises the front end made :).

After presents, it was back to our house. We had the Meyer family and Grandma Judy over for SMASH cake and to sing Happy Birthday to our girl. Isla was a little tired from her busy day so she had no idea what we wanted her to do with the cake so Gus made sure she knew what to do :).

We had a great day!! Happy Birthday Isla!!

"Your birthday is a special time to celebrate the gift of 'you' to the world." ~ Unkown



No comments: