I always get a little choked up during the walk every year especially seeing the posters parents made for their NICU babies. I still cannot get over that was our Addison. 2 pounds 15 ounces at 31 weeks gestation...that happened to our family. And every year we are reminded how incredibly lucky we are to have such a healthy and happy little girl in our lives. So that is why we walk. For our Addison and every baby that is born to soon.
I didn't get many pictures during the walk but we did get our annual group shot in front of Addison's poster. Addison also got to go up on stage with all the other NICU survivors and the PV cheerleaders! I think she thought that was the best part!! :)
After the walk, the kids got to go in the bounce house and play a few games before going home. We went to my mom's for lunch and then it was party prep time for me!! Thankfully my mom kept Carter at her house so he couldn't destroy our house that Matt graciously spent the morning cleaning. Even though Isla slept the entire walk in the morning she seemed a little tired when I was finishing things up for her party so I put her down for a nap and she didn't wake up until 2:45! Talk about perfect timing with her party starting at 3 :).
Everyone came over to our house and the kids got to play while the adults ate and visited. This was the only birthday party we've had at our current house because I always thought it was too small for all of our family and friends...it was a little crowded but since the weather was nice the kids got to play out in the backyard. I am really happy we did it since it will be the last party before moving into our new home.
Isla's present opening happened in a flash with Carter and the other little kids helping. Isla got some really cute outfits and fun girl toys!! Then it was time for cake and I didn't have a meltdown this time ;). Isla went to work on her cake after her practice run on Wednesday night. Seriously.Loved.It.
The fun didn't end when the party was over...it was off to the Club for dinner. Isla sat pretty well and still ate a ton of food even after her meal of cake. Carter however passed out on the way over and spent most of the evening sleeping on two chairs Matt had pulled together...wish I would have gotten a picture of that!
Sunday we walked to my mom's house for one last cookout before the Tiemeiers headed back up to Minnesta. It was so beautiful out!! Carter is FINALLY tall enough for his bike and rode it all.day.long Despite falling twice he wasn't detered. We went to Kiwanis and Sheck park and the Meyers hosted us for dinner.
It was such a fun weekend even though it went by way too fast. It couldn't have been better. Finally having warm weather definitely helped everyone's mood! Hopefully Spring is here to stay!
Happy Birthday my sweet Isla Cakes!!
"Before you were born I carried you under my heart. From the moment you arrived in this world until the moment I leave it, I will always carry you in my heart." ~Mandy Harrison
No comments:
Post a Comment