I don't know how it is possible that you are one year old! I feel like I blinked and that happened. My sweet girl, we love you so much and you have brought so much happiness and laughter to our family. You are the tiniest and sweetest baby ever! I could gobble you up you are so cute.
It took me a couple days after you were born, for it to soak in that I had a daughter! I remember it so clearly, I walked into our basement from the garage and passed our laundry room and it was covered with PINK clothes! I remember thinking, "Oh my god, I had a girl!" A girl! I don't know how I got to be so lucky to get a little girl and even better a little girl like you.
You have the biggest smile and the biggest eyes. When you were little, Grandma Judy joked that you looked like a Kupie doll and she was right :). You have a big personality in that little body. I love that no one will push you around despite your size and I know that will come back to haunt me in your teen years but I love that you stand your ground.
The first year is always a hard one but such a special one too. You went from a 6 pound 15 ounce newborn to a 16 pound 14 ounce baby who is mobile, talking and has a mind of your own. Gone are the days you were completely dependent on us; now you know what you want and how to get it.
You were a typical baby...the first 3 weeks were wonderful! You slept pretty good and night and were still very sleepy during the day and you would sleep anywhere! Weeks 4 - 12 were definitely the hardest. You would fight your naps and you had one heck of a witching hour between 6 and 7. Every.night. Mommy would swaddle you and Daddy would walk you up and down the street until you fell asleep. You were also much more vocal than your brother and we heard your loud, high-pitched shriek a lot the first several months :). But after that, we found our stride and things got easier.
We had a wonderful summer together and spent most days at the pool. People always commented on how little you were and couldn't believe you were hanging out poolside. But as a second-born there wasn't really an option of staying home ~ brother needed to run off his energy! Summer 2012 will definitely go down as one of the best summers of my life. There were some challenges of course, but being able to just focus on my family with no work distractions was priceless! I will miss you more than you know this summer.
You hit all of your milestones on 'your' schedule ~ rolling around 4 months, sitting up by 7 months and crawling at 8 months. You didn't get your first teeth until around 10 months old and threw us for a loop when your top toofers popped through first! You are still working on standing and walking but I know it will come...when you are ready.
As mentioned in almost every one of your monthly posts, you are a sweetie but you also have a naughty side too! You love to do things that you aren't supposed to do ~ know what you are doing is 'wrong' but do it anyway :). We can always tell when you are getting into trouble because you will stop what you are doing, look at us and give us the cutest, sly smile, and continue to do whatever it is you were doing laughing all the way. We said, "it's a good thing you're cute" a lot this past year and it is so very true!!
You have made this past year so memorable and just fit into our family as if you have always been here. You and your brother are playing together more {and fighting more} but I love to watch the relationship develop. I know that he will always look out for you and you will probably always push his buttons :).
Happy FIRST Birthday baby girl! I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us!
![]() |
| Brand New |
![]() |
| Birthday Girl! |
Love,
Mommy and Daddy


No comments:
Post a Comment