Oh my Carter how time has flown!
You are four years old today! Each year has gone faster and I can't believe you are finishing up your first year of preschool. You have had quite the year. You became a big brother! This was such a big change for you; learning to share Mommy and Daddy's time and embracing a new member of our family. After the initial shock that Isla was a sister and not the brother you wished for, you stepped right up. You were so sweet to her the first couple of weeks, calling her our baby, making sure she wasn't cold, telling her about how you were going to play together when she gets bigger and even {sometimes} giving her Mr. Pig when she was sad. You are still sweet to her but now know the annoyance that can be a little sister getting into your things :).
3 definitely had its share of challenges and I would say in some ways was more challenging than 2. You became so much more opinionated and independent this year! You use the restroom all by yourself and have been potty trained during the day for over a year and have been potty trained overnight for the past several months. You get dressed all by yourself, brush your teeth, wash your hands and so much more!
I saw your angry scowl more than I like this past year but you always rebounded with your signature big smile! For the most part, you just aim to please those around you and are well-behaved. You know how to turn on the charm and can be incredibly sweet.
You became more of a daddy's boy this year and share special times with your Dad. You got to go on the boy's trip to Wisconsin Dells, you cook together, play cars together and, of course, Daddy brings home lots of fun things for you to ride on. Lawn mowers and gators to name a few! You definitely love Daddy but can still be a mama's boy. Often looking for me when you get hurt or want cuddles. I know this won't always be the case, so I am soaking it up while I can. I already hear, 'no more kisses mom!' :)
You are so, so smart Carter and I am amazed at the things you retain and remember. I always enjoy any story that comes after the words, "remember when..." You can be silly but can also take life too seriously. You can get angry when things don't go your way or people don't do things the way you would do them. You can have a short fuse and get frustrated easily. But you also love fiercely, play loudly and have such a sweet heart.
I love you so much Carter Thomas and there are so many things I wish for you. I hope you never lose your passion to love and your eagerness to learn new things. I hope you learn to let things go. Life is too short to be angry so I encourage you to always try to look on the bright side of things. You have a lot to offer this world and I can't wait to see what the future brings.
The past 3 years have been so wonderful and full of life because of you! Happy Birthday Carter!!

No comments:
Post a Comment