Thursday, April 9, 2009

1 week!

My baby is a week old and I can hardly believe it!!! Actually, I can hardly believe he is here at all and he is ours :). The past week has had its ups and downs as we have tried to establish a little bit of a routine. Carter is doing really well - he usually only cries when he is hungry or needs changed. It is the saddest cry but it always makes me laugh because he makes such a cute face. We just love him so much!!!

Carter has a VERY exciting weekend coming up... He gets to meet his Uncle Mark and Aunt Grete, his Great Aunt Debbie, Great Uncle Dan (is that right?), his second cousin Stephanie and of course the Easter Bunny!!! Mommy is getting treated to a pedicure tomorrow morning with Grete and Joanna - yah! I am getting a little nervous leaving my guy for the first time. Not that Grandma T isn't completely capable of watching him, because she is, but if he gets fussy for food there is nothing that she can do - unless she magically produces breast milk. She will also get her first taste of watching both Addison and Carter, which should be interesting.

I am still working on my birth story (Matt just asked me the status but I have been, you know, a little busy with my newborn :) ) but I promise to post it soon. I just wanted to say a big THANKS to everyone who has sent cards, called, said congratulations, gave gifts, etc, and so on. It meant so much to us to hear from everyone - we are very lucky to have that many people who care about us! Also thanks to the mystery person who put the "It's a Boy" balloon on our house last Thursday - I assumed it was my mom but it wasn't so the mystery remains. It was very thoughtful and cute so thank you whoever you are.

Happy One Week Carter!!

1 comment:

kmeyer62406 said...

We figured out on our walk yesterday that the mystery people were the Dobroski's.