For those of you that don't know or are curious, I have been nursing Carter and it has been going really good! I have to give Carter credit for figuring out how to latch and suck properly. I really didn't think that I would nurse - neither did Matt as he mention the other day that he couldn't believe I was doing it. I thought I would give it a try, have issues, and switch to formula. But I would feel okay about that because I gave it the old college try. I had just heard horror stories about pain and bleeding nipples that made breastfeeding seem like torture that I didn't care to endure. I love Carter but also care about my nipples. Breastfeeding has been easier than I thought and A LOT more demanding than I thought. Two hours go by in a flash so I can't leave Carter for long periods of time and even though I enjoy our bonding time it would be nice for someone else to be able to feed him (I am pumping so this will become a reality).
Nursing can be frustrating for me as well because Carter plays around. Seriously, the visiting nurse couldn't believe that he will latch, suck awhile, then lift his head and look around. She said that most babies latch and then don't come off until they are done eating. Not my baby. Apparently he has a slight case of ADD while eating and likes to play with my nipple and bounce his head of my boob like it is a trampoline! Considering Matt is his father I really shouldn't be surprised - Love you Matt :). The biggest problem with this activity is that after Carter initially latches my milk lets down so when he detaches my milk goes everywhere - on me, on him and he just looks blankly at me with milk all over his face as if to say "this is fun, mom" :). Even though I usually laugh at Carter's antics it is less appealing at 4 in the morning when all I want him to do it eat so I can get back to sleep! What a silly guy!
8 years ago
1 comment:
Considering your mom and Matt both have ADD, that really doesn't surprise me. Did you find your tanks?
Post a Comment